Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Courier mis-delivery – who's responsible ?
  • NZCol

Courier has a sign for delivery. It’s been delivered but not to me and signed for as well. Who is actually responsible seeing as I’ve paid for goods which have not been delivered ? I’d assume courier is who i chase ?

wwaswas

In UK it’s the senders responsibility and their contract with the courier so they should chase(unless you organised postage?).

finbar
    Free Member

Purchased from a business or an individual? If the former, take it up with the business first. If the latter, it’s for you to agree with the seller (hopefully you’ve got Paypal protection, in which case you’ll be alright if it is lost/stolen)…

mattbee

No, whoever paid the courier is responsible so retailer/person you bought from.
    You bought a thing, they bought a service to get it to you. Unless you arranged for a courier to collect it from them and deliver it to you.

NZCol

Thanks – it’s a business as its a bike, and quite an expensive one at that !

winston
    Free Member

we are a business that send expensive retail items by courier – when this happens we take the hit and then have to claim off the courier

nealglover
    Free Member

Thanks – it’s a business as its a bike, and quite an expensive one at that !

You have paid for a bike, the retailer has not yet delivered you a bike.
    So you take it up with the retailer, delivery is their problem, not yours.

NZCol

Now found, apparently it was an error in the system, aye right.

kayla1
    Free Member

The courier wasn’t DX, was it? I had some forks ‘delivered’ last week which was clever because we were out all day when they were supposed to have been signed for… I contacted the shop, they shouted at the courier, forks were actually delivered the next working day.

dmck16
    Free Member

^ I now cancel any order if sent via DX ^

Three orders, three cock ups, and a load of abuse off one of their delivery guys. Never again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Courier mis-delivery – who's responsible ?’ is closed to new replies.