• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by nre.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Courier companies for wheel size bikey parts?
  • cinnamon_girl

My go-to Collect+ have a size restriction on parcels of this size. Any recommendations for other couriers?

Thanks. 🙂

iain1775
    Free Member

I’ve sent 3 large parcels recently (2 to people on here, 1 for something on ebay) with MyHermes
    I’ve read horror stories and terrible reviews but all mine arrived at their destinations within 2 days of me dropping them off at the local shop
    Started at £5.99, was £7.99 with additional insurance and signed for, pretty sure wheels would come within their allowable dimensions

jonba
    Free Member

Not used them for a while but for kayaking bits I used to use Paisley Freight.

mucker

Just sent some 29er wheels, according to My Hermes, diameter plus height of parcel could be no more than 225cm mine was significantly more and then when you add in signed for plus appropriate insurance the price didn’t seem such a good deal, so I decided to go with the known quantity, Parcelforce 48, does what it says on the tin.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks chaps, most helpful.

mucker – yes, seems to be the size that’s the problem rather than the weight. For a pair of rims it’s a lot of money.

househusband

Sold some wheels on here recently and ended up using ParcelForce, as mucker did, due to the size restrictions elsewhere.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Myhermes and collect+ were the best economical option last year or so but their sizes all changed for the worse.

I’d try APC or Paisley Freight, but they all get bad reviews if you start googling.

nre
    Free Member

I’ve managed to just fit 27.5 within the MyHermes limits, but 29 would be a no go…

glasgowdan
    Free Member

One wheel or a pair nre?

iain1775
    Free Member

26″ Wheel box I have here from Superstar (came with a pir of wheels in) would fit MyHermes, just

“Add 2 shortest dimensions x 2 then add the length, must be less than 225cm”

60+20×2 +60 = 220cm

But yeah 650b wheels would be a struggle and 29″ a no go

nre
    Free Member

One wheel or a pair nre?

That was a pair of 27.5, but it was tight, right on the max limit of 225cm.

I guess it might be cheaper to send a pair of 29s as 2 parcels via MyHermes than some of the other options? There’s a chance a single wheel might fit within the limits?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Courier companies for wheel size bikey parts?’ is closed to new replies.