Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Courage
  • jamj1974

If anyone wants to define it. Here

SaxonRider

I hadn’t read her story before. I agree with you. Thanks for posting. May her memory be eternal.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Poor girl. If anyone deserved a long & peaceful life it was her.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes indeed. Kay Burghley spoke very highly of her on Sky News today, she was a regular contributor to the channel.

Coyote
    Free Member

Wow. An amazing woman indeed. Thanks for the share.

Jamie
    Free Member

At the end of the trial of her rapists, the judge said her trauma “had not been so great”, sparking outrage.

The mind boggles. It really does.

Junkyard
    Free Member

he also gave the robber who did not rape her a longer sentence than the two who robbed the house and raped her

At the trial of the perpetrators involved in the Saward case, the judge, Sir John Leonard, gave those responsible longer sentences for the burglary than for the rape, after saying that “I have been told the trauma suffered by the victim was not so great”. The leader of the three men, Robert Horscroft, who was not involved in the rape, received 14 years imprisonment for burglary and assault. Martin McCall, the more violent of the two attackers was sentenced to five years for rape and five years for aggravated burglary, while Christopher Byrne, received three years for rape and five years for burglary and assault.[3]
    On his retirement the judge, Sir John Leonard, publicly apologised for what he called a “blemish – I make no bones about it”.[

Few people could have turned such a personal ly horrible occurence into a positive force for good.

RESPECT

MoreCashThanDash

Remarkably brave woman. I remember the case in the news at the time.

funkmasterp

A remarkable, brave lady who deserves to be honoured for the work she has done. Condolences to her family.

CountZero

I heard on the news that she’d died, it made me really rather sad. A remarkable woman indeed, I remember it very clearly, and the sentencing was outrageous, a gross miscarriage of justice.
    RIP.

leffeboy

Bump
    Just because

cinnamon_girl

I do remember this shocking attack and may this poor woman rest in peace. Disgraceful and irresponsible judge who should have been locked up alongside those scumbags. A courageous woman who selflessly helped others. RIP.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Heard the news, remarkable courage and a sad loss indeed.

gordimhor

An example to us all. RIP.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Courage’ is closed to new replies.