Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Couple of hours to kill in Northumberland…?
  • djglover
    Free Member

Traveling to Aberdeen tomorrow for a wedding on Saturday, so we are going to stop on the coast for fish and chips and a mess about on the beach

Question is, which ones are best?

Should we head for Seahouses then Beadnell Bay, or are there better places to head? Its been some considerable time since I made it up that way

Thanks

MoreCashThanDash

Always liked the big and slightly cheesy appeal of the large fish and chip shop in the middle of Seahouses – been a while and I can’t remember it’s name right now though. Suspect regulars/locals know of better though

Edit – Streetview suggests it is the “Neptune”?

lemonysam
    Free Member

I like Pinnacles in Seahouses but my favourite, and the best fish and chips I’ve ever had, were from the restaurant at the Craster smoke house.

bricktamland86
    Free Member

Neptunes is nice, pinnacles is the place to be! I live in alnwick, 15 miles from seahouses, if you can make it to alnwick, carlos is the plaice (see what i did there) to be!!

tonyg2003

It’s going to be cold tomorrow but seahouses and up to Bamburgh would be good. We did it on Wednesday

vickypea
    Free Member

Bamburgh beach is great

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Both of the chippys in Seahouses are good IMO. Nice part of the world.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Seahouses north though if it’s easter it could be infested with local school kids – well probably my cousins.

If the beach is looking like a no go for weather, try Alnwick castle gardens (free bit) as they are just off the A1

ampthill

Craster pub for posh sea food then walk up towards dunstanburgh

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Couple of hours to kill in Northumberland…?’ is closed to new replies.