Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Couple hours spare in Bristol, Clifton
  • Bucko

Dropping the Mrs off for an appointment in Clifton tomorrow and need something to do for a couple hours while I wait. Any LBS worth a visit?

doris5000

not in Clifton that i know of. A few down the hill on Stokes Croft if you want to make the trek.

If i had 2 hrs to kill in clifton i’d march up onto the downs, go and have a look at the gorge, walk along the footpath down the gorge back towards town, look at the bridge, then head to the Portcullis for a swift half and a read of the paper 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

go an play on the camera obscura at the observatory then walk to the middle of the bridge and hope a horse comes over !

Kryton57

Go and ride Ashton Court?

nickjb
    Free Member

^^^ +1. Take the bike, cross the bridge and do a loop of Ashton Court an Leigh Woods.

ninfan
    Free Member

Go for a cruise on the downs?

Jakester
    Free Member

The Zoo? Bristol Museum isn’t bad either.

Alternatively you could cultivate a beard and wear tight jeans and partake of hipster coffees..

medders
    Free Member

I need a structural survey done on the ground, garden and basement levels of a Victorian townhouse there. Fancy a bash at that?

Bucko

I should’ve mentioned that I’ll have the car and I won’t be taking the bike. I’ve ridden Ashton/Leigh woods before. We’re heading somewhere for a bit of shopping and a meal afterwards

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s a new exhibition about the bridge and Brunel. Just over the bridge. A wander on park st is nice. A few good outdoorsy shops and the bike shop is ok. Decent museum too. There’s also Shaun the sheep spotting.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Couple hours spare in Bristol, Clifton’ is closed to new replies.