Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Counterstrike!
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

Oh my days, so many joyous hours spent on de_dust at all, imagine my delight when I just discovered that not only does it run on my new macbookpro but it looks fantastic!

anyone else play?

Drac

I play on rare occasion, it’s not one I ever got into much but it is a classic.

chojin
    Free Member

Not since the original HL CS back in what? 1999? 2000?

Too many hours of my life lost there.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    legend
    Free Member

I shamelessly enjoyed spending many hours camped out with a .50 cal 🙂

Cougar

I had a brief fling with it back in, uh, 1927 or something. I enjoyed it but, like most FPSes, sucked mightily. It doesn’t help that I’m usually late to the party with these things, so when playing online everyone is always way more experienced than me.

I graduated from there to SOCOM II on the PS2 a few years later. Joined a clan and everything. I still sucked though. A typical exchange went “Cougar, watch out for that mine…” – “yes, I’ve seen it,” – *bang* – “oh, that mine!”

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I used to play source a lot, occasionally get the urge to load up steam. Played a lot of 5 v 5 or gun game myself, I was a spray and pray expert hence the name n00bzilla, give me a M4A1 and I was away.

Duffer
    Free Member

My Steam account seems to have been automatically credited with CS:Global Offensive. Strange.

I’ll probably have a quick look. I’ve never been much of a fan of online shooters that make an attempt at realism. I much prefer the comedy gameplay of TF2!

EDIT – Just realised, it’s because it’s F2P for this weekend only.

chojin
    Free Member

The shotgun was my weapon of choice and spraying lead justice through the barrels of righteous indignation.

_tom_
    Free Member

I used to play source a lot, always dust or dust 2 with a bit of office for variation! I was never that good though. Shotgun or scout for me 🙂

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Lots and lots of hours wasted. Played it from beta 5.2
    Might check it out again and get 0wned by the [1337] 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Played it from beta 7.0 till version 1.6. Lots of hours wasted slaughtering n00bs on the UK2 and Jolt servers. I think I was in a clan once aswell!

andrewhowell
    Free Member

I played this on last year.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Camping AWP n00btube H4X0rz LAWL!!!!!1111

DrP

One of my best mates made dust and dust 2….
    He’s stuck in new York at the mo! (not related (

DrP

schnor
    Free Member

Has it really been 10 years (more probably) since the heady days of dust / dust 2, lulz headshot!1, speedhacks and shotgun spam?

*runs off to play 1.6*

seosamh77
    Free Member

spent a good bit of time on that game, always prefered the original unreal tournament though, still have the od game of that every 2 years or so.

pedalhead
    Free Member

yup quite a few hours I’ll never get back here too. I’m kinda tempted to have another go actually now that the subject has come up and reminded me how much fun it was (and I’ve played Torchlight 2 to death now)

PiknMix
    Free Member

This game ruined my life! I’m well up for it being ruined again. Dust haha legendary, I always got sniped running past those doors at the start. Grenades over the walls.
    I NEED this back in my life.

scaredypants

is this about allotments? 😐

skink2020

I prefered team fortress tbh.

debaser

played rather too much of that game at one point in my life.

even went to a LAN match in a pub in Cumbernauld once. Defintiely the full on geekiest thing I have ever done :mrgreen:

bland

Oh boy, i got sucked into CS at uni on the internal server with the computer soc geeks giving it large. Made some serious enemies but had fun and even had a LAN party in the pub i ran on campus where a pizza delivery guy delivered 40 pizzas in a fiesta.

We even built a map designed on the Student Union which was fun!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I think I was in a clan once aswell!

To me that was the best thing about CS.
    Made it just a tiny bit social! 🙂

Can’t remember the clan name I was in, but we took it pretty seriously. Rented a few servers, went to tournaments and did pretty well.

The downside I was about 3 stone heavier.

v10
    Free Member

Bland did you goto Keele?

MrNutt
    Free Member

I was in clan_se (shotgun elite, although none of us actually favoured the shotgun.) and the nostalgia + retina display is like stepping back into my head all them years ago!

lowey

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsQFYceNZS8[/video]

Never really got into it myself, despite being an FPS junkie for years…

shindiggy
    Free Member

play almost every day 🙂

althepal

I remember wearing a headset and mostly hearing “YOURE A FAG!!!!” over and over..
    Guy I shared s flat with was well into it and got me hooked. Set up a wee LAN in the flat cos it had two wee broom cupboards!
    Happy times although the folk who knew the bugs and would climb up into walls, camp and then snipe.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I got addicted to CS, started when it was at beta 6.5. Such a good game.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Counterstrike!’ is closed to new replies.