Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Counter-top bin in kitchen
  • eckinspain
    Free Member

Has anyone got one of these? I’ve only seen them on TV cookery programmes but I fancy one when we re-do our kitchen.
    So, rather than a bin sitting on the counter, I mean a hole in the counter with a bin underneath.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Do you empty the bin every night and then clean around the bin. If not then don’t bother unless you enjoy have rubbish and its germ breeding ground in your food prep area.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Yeah I wonder how practical it is outside of a TV studio.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Ro5ey
    Free Member

Got them in the office kitchens…. where I guess they work well… but like above they are cleaned and emptied twice a day.

Without a lid i think they’d kick up in the home environment and then if you have a lid that you have to remove/replace every time it defeats the point…. might as well have a pull out door type ?

God im bored

🙂

cheers_drive

I assume you be for food waste?
    I can’t imagine an open one would work well, especially in the summer. We have a caddy on our worktop and fruit fly are a real pain in the summer.
    Although if someone design one a lid with a pedal located on the plinth it might be good.

eckinspain
    Free Member

I’d assumed it would have a lid (that sits flush with the counter so I could put a chopping board on top).
    Yes it would be for food waste mostly, though as we don’t have a food waste recycling scheme actually anything non-recyclable could go in there.
    Can I be bothered emptying and cleaning it every night? Maybe.
    We currently have a small pedal bin on the floor and I hate it, but maybe a bin under the sink that opens when you open the door would be just as good. Not as cool though.
    (FFS – I think bins are cool – shoot me now)

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

This is an interesting bin.

T1000
    Free Member

At work We have a dryer a bit like the loofen waste disposer but it grinds up the waste as well. Dehydrates the waste and grinds up the remains

dirtyrider
    Free Member

TK Max had them egg bin things recently

Me? A carrier bag hung on s door handle like 99.9% of the population

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Counter-top bin in kitchen’ is closed to new replies.