Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show
  • stayhigh

Funny as hell.

CLICK

That is all.

chiefgrooveguru

Comic genius! There were rumours of a TV pilot in the works where Arthur is the host of a gameshow but I don’t know what’s up with that?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

sometimes it makes me laugh, sometimes I loathe it… weird throwback

nice bit of splosh anyone?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He’s no Ed Reardon.

Pigface
    Free Member

I dont get it at all 😕 he used to be on Radcliffe a lot and it just goes by me.

stayhigh

I think he’s definately a marmite thing but really did make me chuckle.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

CFH…. yes Ed is a genius.

chiefgrooveguru

My wife really really can’t stand it. I’ve had the first four series on rotation on my iPhone since August but it has to be silenced whenever she appears!

rickmeister

Very little can touch Mark and Lard…. priceless with quite a few drawing breath through teeth, “how can they get away with that” moments…

Count Arthur Strong does have its moments though….

sugdenr
    Free Member

Radio 4 has some brilliant comedy, Fags, Mags & Bags , Cabin Pressure, Ed Reardon

But I cant stand CAS, predicatable overplayed utter claptrap. Either that or its over my head

AdamW
    Free Member

Me and a mate are constantly arguing about CAS. I can’t stand him but like Milton Jones. He’s the exact opposite.

CAS just seems to be a sort of rude Mrs Malaprop.

Alphabet

I love him too. But not as much as Ed Reardon.

RustySpanner

Love Count Arthur Strong, Ed Reardon and Bleak Expectations.

Fags, Mags & Bags is my favourite though, I think it’s genius:

I really used to like Milton Jones, but I went off him a bit when I found out he was a born again Christian.
    No other reason, it’s just an irrational prejudice.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Don’t think much of Arthur Strong on the radio, but live I was really impressed. Saw him at the Leicester comedy festival preview show* a couple of years ago and he is an excellent actor and was very amusing.

*Brilliant annual event BTW.

He’s no Ed Reardon.

Couldn’t get into The Jury cos the prosecuting barrister had such a distinctive voice, most distracting!

stayhigh

Theres a whole bunch of stuff I’ve not heard of so that’ll keep me busy for a while 🙂

cheese@4p

Is he back on?

metalheart
    Free Member

Personally i can’t stand count Arthur strong. But fags mags and bags, now yer talkin. Loved that bugatox one…

RustySpanner

Not heard him for a while, but ISIHAC is back 🙂

Samantha has been very busy of late:
    She was down in the gramaphone archive, pulling out a 7 incher for each of the teams, and checking closely for damage. She was disappointed to see one or two where worn almost flat through over use. Fortunately, she has a couple of fine 45s in reserve for just such an emergency, and will be getting them out soon to put things right.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show’ is closed to new replies.