Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Councils and waste collections
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Today was recycling box day, next week is general refuse collection. Problem is that someone dumped 10-15 bin bags outside a house in the street. They were there before the recycling collection so couldn’t have been missed.

I live on a street of victorian red brick terrace which open on to the pavement. These bags if left will get kicked and deposited all over the street, so the question Is the council obliged to remove the waste before next week? Does this count as fly tipping? etc

I also live in one of the poorer parts of town and the traditional perception is that the council doesn’t put the effort in that they would in one of the richer parts of town, so i am not prepared to back down on this and would like to know what timescales i can use to escalate as quickly as possible, ie sending photos to the local paper tomorrow evening if nothing is done. As the paper is a Daily Mail clone should love a story on fortnightly waste collections not working.

miketually
    Free Member

It’s flytipping. Report it and they should take it away.

mrmo
    Free Member

i have reported it, just concerned that they won’t act very quickly… not the first time this has happened….

project
    Free Member

As you walk past just throw your fag end on it, and it will be gone,along with part of the street.

I dont think Firemen, discrimate between richer and poorer ends of town.

mrmo
    Free Member

fireman did a good job on the buildings across the way.

mrmo
    Free Member

oh well council haven’t bothered yet. why am i not surprised.

email sent to councillor and chief exec to get it moved asap,

Tomorrow i guess time for a letter to the daily mail…

totalshell

is patience not a virtue?

mrmo
    Free Member

is patience not a virtue?

No, i know the council and i know they will do jack s***, been there done that.

I just want to know how long they are allowed to leave it, being as they didn’t take it in the first place. Already starting to spread across the pavement.

totalshell

its been less than a day since your first post.. think over the day.. monday morning they get a stack of we had this and that dumped near our house etc etc requests
    2 blokes in a pick up set off and fill up said pick up and then empty it get involved in all sorts of discussions with members of the public telling them how to do it better how thier lay-about council workers etc etc repeat this several times and eventually they ‘ll arrve chez mrmo and for FREE they clear up somebody elses rubbish dumped in your street sounds like good value to me..
    on the other hand if somebody starts mouthing off to chief execs and to he local paper guess what happens.. bags get dropped split rubbish on floor unknown origin better leave it where it is for the time being and next time it happens how long will it take to get cleared..

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

email sent to councillor and chief exec to get it moved asap,

Tomorrow i guess time for a letter to the daily mail…

FFS – the time and energy you’ve wasted on it, you could have been the good neighbour, put it in the car and taken it to the friggin tip yourself! 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

mrmo – Member

i have reported it, just concerned that they won’t act very quickly

It’s hardly an emergency. And it seems rather sensible of the council not to treat it as one.

EDIT just noticed this : “being as they didn’t take it in the first place”

According to you they weren’t suppose to take it : “next week is general refuse collection”

So you’re complaining that they didn’t do what they won’t suppose to do ?

Maybe they’ll collect it next week ? 💡

mrmo
    Free Member

Or look at it from the another point last time this happened the rubbish was there for two weeks, well some was…, and the council didn’t do anything, there is rubbish that has been sitting outside another house for 8 weeks, and they have’t done anything. This is a dozen black bags dumped across the pavement, split already. just waiting for the local scum to kick across the road, like they have on previous occasions.

The council can do it now and take 5mins or they can leave it to get distributed across the neighbourhood like last time. And seeing as the rubbish was there before the council collected the rubbish on monday morning it is not as though they aren’t aware of its presence.

This is the same council who introduced compulsory kerbside recycling but failed to have a lorry that could drive down side roads, the trucks were too wide. A council who will respond within hours if you live in the right part of town, this is from experience.

Ernie the stuff in the second photo has been there for 8 weeks gradually growing. bin bags, mattresses, shopping trolleys, etc etc. So in those 8 weeks the council, will have driven past each and every week, they could have taken it according to the time table a number of times, they could have arranged a special collection, but no they have just ignored it and allowed it to fester. I have contacted the council before and wonder why i bother. But if i stop paying my council tax, which covers the cost of waste removal, heaven help me.

mrmo
    Free Member

Zulu eleven, there is more rubbish than my car could take for a start, looking at 4-5 trips in total. All i want to know is does a council have to clear fly tipped material, is there a timescale. The stuff stinks now and leaving it for a week at least it isn’t hot weather.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Councils and waste collections’ is closed to new replies.