Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Council tenants from hell moved in next door to my house. Help/Advice needed.!!
  • stoffel
    Free Member

council trash

gypsy back ground

people like this

problem families

lowlife scum

drug addled scum

council-estate bred

chavs

mentally ill psycho

BINGO!

jambourgie
    Free Member

😀

dannyh
    Free Member

council trash
    gypsy back ground
    people like this
    problem families
    lowlife scum
    drug addled scum
    council-estate bred
    chavs
    mentally ill psycho
    BINGO!

And your solution is………………..?

No?

Thought not.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

What do you do with folk like this though…

Execute them – if I were Judge Dredd we wouldn’t have an overcrowding problem in this country…

jekkyl

You’re advocating murder Turner?!
    Now we have bingo.

badnewz
    Free Member

Here we go, I wondered how long it would be until we heard the old fascist pig insults being hurled.
    Well it doesn’t wash anymore, people are simply fed up of bankrolling a discredited social and cultural revolution which is taking the country down the pan!

kimbers

What is the solution? Stop all benefits bung them all in prison ? put the kids in care ?

The way I see it you need a massive investment in social workers and education, the kids need positive role models or they will end up repeating the cycle

badnewz
    Free Member

Hi Kimbers, thanks for the question.
    I went to a school with plenty of problem families, there was no shortage of social workers, indeed the teachers after a while became part-time social workers, part-time policemen and women.
    It just gave the people causing the problems more excuses for their behavior.
    And then we create a system which actually incentivises the problem families to keep reproducing! You couldn’t make it up.
    I really don’t think there is a solution, we’ve gone too far down this path to turn back. I’d just say be very careful where you choose to live, and by crikes make sure you check out a house and ask the neighbours if there are any problem families next door. I thought what happened to Chip’s sister above was truly terrible and would hate to see anybody else experience such a traumatic episode – life is too short.

anagallis_arvensis

I bet they have big telly’s to the ****.

anagallis_arvensis

If there were no shortages of social workers why were the teachers doing it too?

binners

I don’t give the Tories credit for much but they do seem to be trying to do something about this. Its pretty obvious that something needed to change when you read things like this

Government data collected in October and November 2011 estimated that £9 billion is spent annually on troubled families – an average of £75,000 per family each year. Of this, an estimated £8 billion is spent reacting to the problems these families have and cause with just £1 billion being spent on helping families to solve and prevent problems in the longer term.

Anyone who lived near these families (I’ve had the dubious pleasure) wouldn’t dispute those figures. These families end up dealing with countless agencies, the council, the police, health visitors, social workers. But its disjointed, and none of them seem to talk to each other. And nothing ever seems to get solved.

It’ll be interesting to see if it produces the results they’re after. But at least it seems to be giving a different approach a go.

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

I used to work in this “area” and there is only one official solution to your problem.

Someone tells them their behavior is upsetting, They didn’t realize their behavior was wrong and change on their own accord.

the police, the council cannot make them change their nature.

Sorry.

Basically, the council are unlikely to move them, as they will have to do a load of work only to have the same problem to deal with but somewhere else.

As they are a council tenant (and the very real reason for calling it out) they will have more rights in there tenancy agreement than a private tenant) the only way to get them evicted is by a court order.

The courts are very reluctant to evict families, as guess what, they still need to live somewhere, and this is just moving the problem.

The level of anti-social behavior you describe is enough to make peoples lives a living hell, but nowhere even close enough for a judge to give an eviction order, or the police to take any “real” action.

if they are a problem family, they will have learnt this long ago, and despite all the governments crowing on ASB powers the council have, in practice they have none that they can use to any effect.

This leaves you on your own to figure out the best resolution from…
    1) out intimate them into not causing problems
    2) give up an just get whatever tenants you can in
    3) sell up

chip
    Free Member

Good people are grateful of help from the state when and if it is required .

**** make a career from it and build a life around around it.
    It’s their right to bring up six kids in a huge house without ever doing a days work in there life.

Take the kids into care, I would , as then they may have a chance of getting a set of morals instead of getting pregnant at the first opertunity and rinsing the state for every penny they can.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Call the BBC or C5 or local rag?

mudshark
    Free Member

Short of building a special town to move all these people to I think there is no solution other than to make them aware they’ll be punished for being antisocial. So yeah take the kids away as they’re likely to just be the same and maybe there’s time for that to change though the younger the better obviously. Then with no kids you can fine them and not worry about the kids suffering. Shame we can’t let the parents experience some time in a poorer society where they might appreciate the life they have in the UK a bit more.

dannyh
    Free Member

Here we go, I wondered how long it would be until we heard the old fascist pig insults being hurled.
    Well it doesn’t wash anymore, people are simply fed up of bankrolling a discredited social and cultural revolution which is taking the country down the pan!

A bit too stridently put for my tastes – but it captures a lot of what I feel about some of these so-called ‘problem families’. And for the avoidance of doubt I am not talking about disadvantaged families as a whole. I am talking about the strutting, spitting, swearing, threatening minority who positively revel in their lifestyle.

Why should we all have an enforced whip round to give more money to people who have probably wasted whatever they do have on drink, drugs and fags? I say ‘wasted’ when I actually mean ‘recycled’ because a lot of that money will probably have been obtained illegally. A lot of the time it seems like the more trouble you cause the more ‘help’ you are given. Have a riot, smash up your local area, then get a grant for regeneration and a new youth centre. Great work if you can get it.

As for taking the kids into care – surely in a lot of these cases leaving them with violent, abusive, criminal parents is a dereliction of duty?

This minority of families are a living insult to anyone who works to legitimately earn a living. When do you stop incentivising bad behaviour?

anagallis_arvensis

If the bad behaviour is so incentivesed why do you not do it?

badnewz
    Free Member

I think this particular issue gets my goat because many people who advocate more of the same (more social workers, more community grants, more council houses for the “disadvantaged”) have very little experience of what actually goes on.
    I used to think the problem families were stupid, but by heck, they have their wits about them if there’s a social worker in town.
    I kept on trying to say this to the bleeding heart liberals I met at university (particularly the academics), but they wouldn’t listen. My supervisor had a very romanticised, E.P. Thompson view of what I would term the underclass, but reality caught up with him when two of their offspring decided to put fireworks through his letterbox and nearly killed his family.
    There is an underlying question of justice, which isn’t being properly addressed.
    Namely, why should people who have got on in life, subsidise people who choose not to get on in life? Plenty of people on here like to criticise religion because they believe in evolution – why not let evolution takes its natural course then?
    People will object, but they don’t have the chances you had – but most of our grandparents came from very poor backgrounds, without the luxuries of a subsidised house and 24hour Jeremy Kyle.

badnewz
    Free Member

I would argue because people are not equal and some simply have more self-respect.

dannyh
    Free Member

Integrity.

anagallis_arvensis

Whilst not trying to defend the situation the OP is in or the anti social **** involved I really dont think the simplistic way of looking at these people lifestyles you have presented is helpful in sorting out the long term problems.
    Tougher legal action would be a good start but if it isnt backed up by giving people a chance at a better life its just pissing in the wind.
    We dont live this sort of lifestyle because its shit and we prefer our own. There is only an incentive when the other options are equally shit.

cubist
    Free Member

I have a solution. Force the long term unemployed who realistically can work to actually work for their benefits, cleaning up and imporving their local neighbourhood. Make them work 8 hours a day for their benefits.

Works on several levels. Keeps them busy (idle hands and all that), improve the local environment for everyone (as people gain pride in their surroundings they take more care of them (hopefully)) and who’s going to set fire to the kids play park if they are only going to have to fix it the next day.

Eventually after spending all day picking up dog crap and cleaning graffiti etc… some of the unemployed by choice might decide to get a proper job. This obviously fails if there are no proper jobs but I haven’t worked out the solution to this yet.

wwaswas

This obviously fails if there are no proper jobs but I haven’t worked out the solution to this yet.

😆

mudshark
    Free Member

Forcing people to work for their benefits is quite costly so there’s the cost/benefit thing here. Crazily there are people who choose to use their spare time to volunteer to help their local community in some way or at least come up with useful ways to spend their time. Some people don’t care so how do you get them to care?

Find decent foster parents for their kids and squeeze their benefits.

binners

cubist – the system you’ve just described is exactly what iain Duncan Smith is in the process of bringing in. With only one slight difference. Instead of doing worthwhile namby pamby community-based stuff, he wants them working as free labour for private companies instead

This obviously fails if there are no proper jobs but I haven’t worked out the solution to this yet.

Neither has he. And he hasn’t quite fathomed out how this could be slightly counter-productive with the whole ‘proper jobs’ thing. He’s not the sharpest tool in the box

dannyh
    Free Member

We dont live this sort of lifestyle because its shit and we prefer our own. There is only an incentive when the other options are equally shit.

Is that an excuse for threatening, violent behaviour?

If you happen to be on benefits, then that doesn’t (and shouldn’t) make me prejudiced towards you as a person and your character. You might (as the majority are) be trying to get out of that situation in a legitimate way. You are confusing the issue of relative poverty and criminality.

cubist
    Free Member

Instead of doing worthwhile namby pamby community-based stuff, he wants them working as free labour for private companies instead

I’d only agree to this if there were a handful of unemployed but experienced SQL Developers currently within easy commuting distance of Lincoln 😉

badnewz
    Free Member

The problems mainly go back to the cultural revolution of the 60s, which began to destroy the institutions like good grammar schools and good technical colleges which used to prevent the explosion of a chav underclass. Most people off council estates learn’t a trade, got on in life, and weren’t a problem. We need to re-introduce a revised version of the grammar school/technical school system, personally I’d base it on the German model which is proving successful.
    Imagine, for example, if we had retained the technical colleges, and stayed out of the EU. English plumbers!

nickc

I have a solution. Force the long term unemployed who realistically can work to actually work for their benefits, cleaning up and imporving their local neighbourhood. Make them work 8 hours a day for their benefits.

Ooh I know I know…that’s got a special name…it’s on the tip of my tongue, its called. Oh yeah, a job. 😆

dooosuk
    Free Member

You are aware that any neighbour issues that are reported to the council now have to be declared when selling your house aren’t you?

If you really are hoping to sell, then maybe you don’t want your tenants reporting every offence.

Pick your path wisely as it may cause a sale to fall through in future.

badnewz
    Free Member

You are aware that any neighbour issues that are reported to the council now have to be declared when selling your house aren’t you?

I didn’t know that. No matter what anyone does, the Chavs Win!

(Catch ya around yeah, I’m off to buy a tracksuit and a pitbull, innit.)

Here’s an underasked question: what happens if Chavland decides to convert to Islam? Saw a chav-chap the other day I’d been to school with, off to Friday prayers. Might improve things, I think.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

We bought our first home 2 months ago, unknown to us was that next door is social housing, young couple and 6 kids.

You bought my old house.

We bought the place with intentions of staying about 5 years and doing a number of improvements.

Next door were thankfully not out and out criminal scum, but did enjoy marital fisticuffs at 3am on the lawn, sometimes with their kids and sometimes not, late night kareoke with all their mates, late night parties in the shed with kareoke and all their mates, and cocaine fuelled barbeques, at night, late at night, with all their mates, a bundle of spliffs, and their mates barking dogs.

My best advice to anyone in the same situation is to sell up and get gone. Life is too short.

badnewz
    Free Member

If only we could revise the sermon on the mount to include the provisos a) except when they are having a loft extension built and b) except when they are trouble-making anti-social chavs.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I was a tenant in a flat with awful neighbours, parties until 7am every friggin weekend, and several times mid-week. So loud the floor was vibrating, it was like sleeping in a nightclub. They also had frequent loud violent arguments at 5am, which meant the councils sound monitoring team couldn’t attend either, they insisted on the police being called.

I started talking to them politely, but nothing changed. Then complained to council, who wrote a letter. The parties still continued, only now they started various petit revenge tactics such as letting my car tyres down or filling my bin up with their cr@p, and swearing at me if i happened to bump into them.

In the end i told the landlady to keep the deposit and moved out.

The problem for me as a tenant, was that the official means of sorting this out take a long time (longer than the tenancy) and opened me up to lots of “revenge” from the neighbours.

Its simply easier to move out.

The neighbours owned their flat btw, this was nothing to do with benefits or council houses or whatever.

AdamW
    Free Member

Plenty of people on here like to criticise religion because they believe in evolution – why not let evolution takes its natural course then?

First that isn’t true (I criticise religion because it’s basically bonkers) but even if it were true then the chavs would win – they’re breeding more and without society they’d kill you and nick all your stuff!

mudshark
    Free Member

Best get that 2 child benefit limit thing in sharpish.

techsmechs
    Free Member

We’ve had our right share of ‘problem’ neighbours…

My best moment was the ‘chav scum mother’ ( I believe is the term being used here) who would scream and shout about noise if we were digging in the garden during the weekend. How I laughed when she went into labour with another during a quiet day when I was working from home. As they carried her screaming to the ambulance, I lent from my office window and asked if she wouldnt mind keeping the noise down, all done with a huge grin on my stupid face…

badnewz
    Free Member

First that isn’t true (I criticise religion because it’s basically bonkers) but even if it were true then the chavs would win – they’re breeding more and without society they’d kill you and nick all your stuff!

If society were left to itself we wouldn’t go out of our way to pay their benefits, they would either starve or start robbing us, in which case we would string em up or start a war and stick them in the front-line (which was one of the reasons for European wars back in the day, to refresh the blood-line).

dannyh
    Free Member

If society were left to itself we wouldn’t go out of our way to pay their benefits, they would either starve or start robbing us, in which case we would string em up or start a war and stick them in the front-line (which was one of the reasons for European wars back in the day, to refresh the blood-line).

A tad pessimistic now I think…………..

I think we might be entering the arena of the provocative here.

MrTall
    Free Member

I had a family like this moved in across the way from me many years ago and it’s not a pleasant experience. It’s easy to judge from the outside if it’s never happened to you. It’s altogether different if it impacts you on a daily basis.

It’s also very easy to say ‘just sell up’ but do you think people are queuing up to buy a house near problem families? Easier said than done. The houses that have sold near me have taken years and the ones within a door or two of them are simply unsellable. And why should I have to suffer the financial penalty of reduced valuations due to a problem family that the local housing association knowingly moved in? I’m amazed in this day and age that somebody has not sued the councils for the financial loss? Maybe things would change if somebody successfully did this?

Strangely, once I had a proper go (verbally) at their feckless father (to half the bulldog faced tarts kids – the father of the others is in prison) and their eldest son came round to confront me, things got lots better. Only after I ended up punching him repeatedly in the face. People can only be pushed so far before they reach breaking point. Once they realise that they can’t walk all over anybody their attitude changes. Not something I’d done before or since but even the police told me it was a far more effective tool to use against them than anything they could do. They’ve pretty much steered clear of me since, apart from the usual foul mouthed abuse by their young kids (the worst being about a 9 year old girl).

All I’ve learnt is that the system favours them at every turn and unless you can evidence some serious criminal behaviour, nothing will ever change. They’ve been near me for around 8 years now and they’ll be here long after I’m gone (assuming I can ever sell my house). Welcome to modern Britain.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Council tenants from hell moved in next door to my house. Help/Advice needed.!!’ is closed to new replies.