• This topic has 17 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Basil.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Coulson jailed
  • iolo
    Free Member

18 months
    He’ll be out in 9 on good behaviour.
    Rebecca’s probably given him a cash cushion for taking the rap so when he comes out there’s probably a few million on an offshore account waiting for him.

binners

Thought the same myself. He’s obviously been set up as the fall guy, to take the rap for the whole operation. I’m sure he’ll be handsomely compensated for taking that particular bullet. 9 months in an open prison to write the inevitable book. Not a bad return for years of being handsomely paid for wrecking peoples lives, is it really?

A few million will be a drop in the ocean, compared to the tens of millions Rupe spaffed on the legal team that made sure there was no risk of Rebecca Brooks saw the inside of a cell. After all…. she knows where all the bodies are buried. Got to keep her sweet at all costs

codybrennan
    Free Member

+1 binners.

ton

Rebecca, in a cell, with bea smith…girl on girl style…..ding dong 8)

jambalaya
    Free Member

The sentencing surprised me, woefully short and Mulcaire got no prison time at all.

I don’t for a second think Brookes is innocent, she was just much smarter in covering her trail and no emails saying “do his phone”

One part of his sentencing relates the week or two he was deputising for Brookes whilst she was on holiday, she knew nothing before or after ?

konabunny
    Free Member

He’s obviously been set up as the fall guy, to take the rap for the whole operation. I’m sure he’ll be handsomely compensated for taking that particular bullet. 9 months in an open prison to write the inevitable book.

You don’t understand how crime works. Fall guys are people who plead guilty so that others don’t get done. Coulson was convicted while Brookes was charged, tried and acquitted. Remind me not to include you on any future blags.

seadog101

The sentence, as mentioned, is nothing. A realistic punishment would have been a lifetime ban from operating in any form of the communications industries, papers, web based media, TV etc.

Northwind

I wouldn’t want to go to prison for 9 months, it’s not nothing. Not to say I don’t think it should be longer, because I do.

wwaswas

Maximum sentence for the crime he was convicted of is 2 years, clearly his crime within the sentencing framework was not at the upper end of the guidelines.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Be interesting to see what, if anything, the Daniel Morgan inquiry turns up.

Daniel Morgan – Resource Page

footflaps

White collar crime only has white collar sentences….

chrismac

Will he be in prison or one of the open holiday camps that they keep loosing people from?

badnewz
    Free Member

I thought “fall guy”.
    And felt sympathy.
    Now I feel envy.
    As least he’s a spurs fan. Probably be on the board when he gets out.

wwaswas

As least he’s a spurs fan.

Doesn’t that count as cruel and unusual punishment?

trambler

Perhaps he can share a cell with Rolf and get the inside story on how he feels………

rossatease
    Free Member

It’ll be nice for his kids – not.

Who’d have thought a white collar job like that, I mean it’s hardly a proper crime, like wrecking the global economy or committing the nation to war illegally and killing thousands.. where are those jailbirds?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A major scandal highlighting widespread wrong doing in the UK media/political contexts and only one fall guy with a light sentence. They closed a rag for this?????

The judicial system should be very embarrassed.

Basil

I struggle to understand the sentencing guide lines.
    Seems not to reflect either damage to individuals or criminal behaviour in such a position.
    Brooks aquittal is beyond the pale.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Coulson jailed’ is closed to new replies.