Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • could this be a scam !!!!!
  • easygirl

Hello,
    I really appreciate your response to my earlier mail and am sorry i may not be able to come over to have a look on the item cause an a very busy lad.like i said i will like to buy this item so please do withdraw the advert from mtbr. I will also like you to know that i will be paying via cashiercheck.I will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.

1.Name to be on the check
    2.Home address
    3.Telephone

I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the check**

Regards

Desmond

think ill have some un stringing him along for a while, hope his MOVER dosent turn up

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Scam city Arizona.

andywhit
    Free Member

Cashiercheck ? LOL.

Scam.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

The cheque will be for more than the value of the item, you bank cheque, you wait for it to show clear in your account and send him the diference ususlly by Western Union or Moneygram transfer. A month later your bank calls to tell you that the cheque was stolen/fake and they are taking the money back. No one will come to collect your good but you will lose your money.

uplink
    Free Member

scam – thirded

bruneep

cp

scam-o-rama!

Desmond has to be one of the old time favourite Nigerian-made-up-English names!!

andywhit
    Free Member

Plus

“cause an a very busy lad”

doesn’t quite fit with

“information to facilitate the mailing of the check”

And “check” vs “cheque” etc etc

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘could this be a scam !!!!!’ is closed to new replies.