Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Could this be the product of the perfect forum bike?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

‘This is an 18″ Phoenix with custom Cunningham made stem, seat post, and fork for the 650b front wheel. It is now in Charlie Cunningham’s hands for a complete set of new Lever-Link brakes. Think of the bike as an 80s Ibis Mtn. Trials (26″ front 24″ rear wheels), but for someone 6’5″ tall’

Nearly every niche box is ticked.

cynic-al
    Free Member

long stems are out Pete, still time to delete 😉

takisawa2

The stem. Cant stop looking at it. Its like a road accident. Shouldnt stare but just cant help it. Dear god.

tazzymtb

it’s like giraffe on roller skates!

somafunk

It’s even got middleburn cranks so must be “stw niche”, it could do with a DCD chain device and crud claw to really get the pulse racing though.

bearGrease

What’s in all those little boxes? Is your workshop as OTT as your wood pile?

Bez

for someone 6’5″ tall

You rang?

aracer
    Free Member

That has to be one of the most pointless applications of 650b wheels I’ve seen (and there’s plenty of competition). Why would somebody 6’5″ tall not just go with a 29er (actually they might make a 36er look well proportioned)?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

What’s in all those little boxes? Is your workshop as OTT as your wood pile?

They’ll be spoke boxes.

Its not mine. Its a customer bike from Black Mountain Cycles in Point Reyes Station, Marin.

Candodavid
    Free Member

My eyes are actually bleeding now

Northwind

I was trying to work out why the stem’s so raised, then I realised it’s because otherwise there’s no way anyone could possibly reach the bars, because the seatpost is about 3 feet long.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Put an Orange sticker on it, and you’d sell boat loads of ’em…
    😉

eyerideit
    Free Member

Teetosugars – Member
    Put an Orange sticker on it, and you’d sell boat loads of ’em…

There’d be a 5 mile queue of Audis, with roof racks ready.

landcruiser
    Free Member

Too many gears for niche !

RealMan
    Free Member

Can you flip the stem and take a picture please?

scaredypants

It is now in Charlie Cunningham’s hands for a complete set of new Lever-Link brakes euthanasia

JoeG
    Free Member

It looks like the grips are actually ahead of the front axle because the stem is so long! I’ll bet that it handles like no other bike out there…

ampthill

Thats an inch taller than me (in the morning maybe 2 in the afternoon)…

I’m comfy on a 21.5 inch Trek witha 70mm stem

The endo potential in that shot is scary

kayak23

Sick!….. And not in a good way…

mtbfix

Niche? No. Just too small and fudged to fit.

Speeder

1986 called – it wants it’s bike back

That’s gipping and in no way designed for actual off road riding

hillsplease

Blimey – good luck with it. Would a 29er really be a bad thing? If you’re in Manchester I’ll lend you one – I’m 6ft 4, but it’s a choice of Giant or Trek with 3*10 so a ‘fail’ on the niche. The bars are also in the same county as the steerer so you may dislike the sedate handling. 😉

grum
    Free Member

That has to be one of the most pointless applications of 650b wheels I’ve seen

Just wondering how you can tell they are 650b? I can barely even distinguish 29ers half the time.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Niche? No. Just too small and fudged to fit sh*t.

oldgit
    Free Member

HermanShake
    Free Member

Good luck to whoever is responsible for this but I fear the may one day realise what they have done and awake screaming for forgiveness from the chromosapien overlords.

It’s rank innit.

I have enjoyed the wonkiness of a 69er before, but 26/27.5 seems too subtle to make it worthwhile.

They should put some bottle bosses under/on top of the stem. You could stick a pump on that beast!

chris_db
    Free Member

Mr Obree has nightmares about this.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

What brakes are you fitting???

To me the brake bosses look to high?

phinbob

There are some truly ace old bikes in Black Mountain Cycles. That really isn’t one of them. I had no idea of the heritage when I wandered in, came out a few minutes later with a dropped jaw and a beer glass.

breadcrumb

What brakes are you fitting???

To me the brake bosses look to high?

They look like old u-brake bosses to me…

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Breadcrumb, I did think something like that, but thought they used single bolt at the top (like bmx or road) but a quick google as shown me the light! 😀

breadcrumb

I think they were pretty poor too, sure my mates GT had them down by the BB…

halaburt
    Free Member

It’s done.

rOcKeTdOg

No Jones bars.?

trail_rat
    Free Member

why would anyone 6 ft 5 go anywhere near an 18inch frame ?

im 6 ft 3 and ride a 20.

Of course if he is like hora and sniffs a bargain for the wrong size frame he is all over it .

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Needs some purple bar ends to complete the look!!!!!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Could this be the product of the perfect forum bike?’ is closed to new replies.