Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Could someone please organise a STW ride 27th/28th of May? Many thanks :-)
  • psychle
    Free Member

I have these two days off and have a pass to head off on an overnight trip, hurrah! Thinking maybe the Peaks or the Lakes (needs to be accessible by train from London), any other suggestions?

psychle
    Free Member

I’ll buy the first round of beer as well? And you can have a test ride on a Mojo HD (medium)? 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

Here’s an radical idea for you, YOU organise one!
    Its not hard, even I’ve managed a couple. 😉

psychle
    Free Member

I could organise something in the Surrey Hills, but I’m hoping to go a bit further afield… and I don’t know these areas at all! Was wondering if any locals were planning anything…

trailmonkey

probably something happening on dartmoor.

having said that, there was talk of a trip up to exmoor that weekend.

there’ll be some kind of gnarr fest happening somewhere in the peninsula.

does that help ?

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

You should have entered the WRT Psychle … that would have kept you busy enough and introduced you to lots of new people and places.

kiwijohn

You can come ride round here if you want.

psychle
    Free Member

where’s ‘here’? 🙂

kiwijohn

Hobart, Tasmania.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m a regular in the peaks. Happy to show you around on the Saturday if you like.

psychle
    Free Member

Hobart, Tasmania

Give it 6 months and I’ll come visit… might end up living down there when we move home 🙂

kiwijohn

No worries. I was passing through here 10 years ago & never left.

sambob
    Free Member

I could be in the Peaks on the 28th. On one condition. We swap bikes for ever. Because my bike isn’t as green/yellow/eye-burning as yours.

RustySpanner

Will be in Snowdonia that weekend, leading a couple of slowish newbie friendly rides, Moel y Ci, slate quarries, possibly Sarn Helen or Penmachno.

Everyone welcome to join us.

Drop me a line if you fancy it.

Trekster

I will be in Ambleside on 28/29th if you can get yourself to Windermere?

stevemtb
    Free Member

I’m working on the Friday, if you go into my work for me I’ll head out on the Friday around the Glentress/Innerleithen to work out a route for you to do on the Saturday. How does that sound??? Please!

Fat-boy-fat

#Trekster: Where you riding round Ambleside? I’m going to be in the Lakes with a bunch of like minded fools and I’m looking for some big day out route ideas.

psychle
    Free Member

So, the current state of play is:

trailmonkey – possibly Exmoor?
    kiwijohn – Tasmania (tempting, but hard to justify the flight cost…)
    Onzadog – The Peaks (anywhere in particular guv?)
    Rusty Spanner – Snowdonia
    Trekster – Ambleside (trains to Windermere look a bit bonkers though 🙁 )

Any other suggestions chaps? 🙂

trailmonkey

trailmonkey – possibly Exmoor?

Exmoor might happen, Dartmoor will happen, seeing as its a 3 day weekend.

Of the 2, Dartmoor is far better imho.

snaps
    Free Member

TM – whats the plan, I’ve just had a job cancel for that weekend so free to ride 😆

Trekster

Fat-boy-fat – Member
    #Trekster: Where you riding round Ambleside? I’m going to be in the Lakes with a bunch of like minded fools and I’m looking for some big day out route ideas.

Not sure yet, still working on the day pass 😆 If I do ride it will be the Sat.
    Stop by Biketreks or Wheelbase with a map and the guys are usually OK for help. Go in early am though.
    If you want big;
    Ambleside over to Garburn Pass via Jenkyn Cragg, Troutbeck, up over the Pass, across to Staveley. Lunch @ Wilfs. Retrace your route and back up and over the Pass(or via Dubbs Rd)
    From Staveley you can do the pass then head up tp Green Quaerter from Kentmere hall/church and up `n over the fells, contour around and back to Staveley.
    You can head out via Loughrig to Skelwith and make up a route inc Hodge Close, Tilberthwaite, Iron Keld, Hawkshead and a few of the other BWs around there.
    simonfbarnes/bogtrotters route list
    staveley

trailmonkey

TM – whats the plan,

not quite sure. there is talk of a possible minehead – porlock – hawkecoombe – horner type thing but nothing is concrete yet.

when i was camping at porlock last year, i could see a ribbon of singletrack from the beacon that clung to the cliff edge, dropping all the way down. do you know it ? looks pretty good even if it is a fp.

snaps
    Free Member

Which beacon, Selworthy (cheeky & pictured below) or Dunkers (its just a rain gully & dosen’t flow very well) I know loads of good stuff around there – just put together a really good 28 mile loop taking in the best bits that goes through Minehead & Porlock.

trailmonkey

selworthy. i was on the campsite in porlock just in behind the pub. if i looked up to my right, i could see the trail traversing across the face of the cliff.

it kind of looks like it could be the ribbon on the right hand side of your pic.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Yes, that ribbon is the one, its HERE & cheeky but doable out of season, bit bland until it gets down in the trees.

trailmonkey

yep, that looks about right. i’ve done the steep bw that comes down the middle before now so wanted to try something different.

would you avoid the fp on a bh weekend – is it busy ?

jedi

i’ll be camping at herts , pop by for a ride?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Onzadog – The Peaks (anywhere in particular guv?)

ANywhere really. I make it up as I go along depending on what sort of thing people want, how far, how long. The dark peak is always good but the white peak is coming into season nicely right now.

Sometimes people want to see bits they’ve heard about like the beast, cavedale or Chaple gate.

There’s some fun stuff around Chatsworth/Bakewell that we like as well as Edale/Ladybower

Ever done anything in the peaks before?

psychle
    Free Member

i’ll be camping at herts , pop by for a ride?

Hmmm… that’s pretty tempting actually, could combine some skills coaching…

Ever done anything in the peaks before?

Nope… where would I need to get to for a starting point?

Cheers all for the suggestions 🙂

Spunkmonkey
    Free Member

Or try this: Vattenfall Innerleithen Classic Enduro 28-29th May

Check out Innerleithen MTB Racing for details 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

If you fancy the Peak, I have a vague yearning to go do a nice loop over the Roych from Hayfield, via Hollins, Jaggers, Ladybower and back over Cut Gate. Should be ideal terrain for a very light full susser.

As a STW ride, I suspect it would be carnage…

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Could someone please organise a STW ride 27th/28th of May? Many thanks :-)’ is closed to new replies.