Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Could Only Happen in the US.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11657376

Judge needs bitch slapped in my most humble opinion.

aP
    Free Member

It’s America. It’s a different world and culture.
    And anyway the defence was that the girl was less than 4yo when she was nearly 5. I think the defence lawyer requires that slap.

iDave
    Free Member

Why could it only happen in the US?

Edric64
    Free Member

The parents are the ones who should be sued as they are responsible for their kids

nickc

The article says one judge has decided that they “can” be sued which is an entirely different thing to “taken to court and held responsible for this woman’s death”

Jamie
    Free Member

Because the OP needed a trite thread topic which featured a nice bit of generalisation?

donsimon
    Free Member

Ahem! 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Nasty cough you’ve got there Don Simon. Must be all that snow you have.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Presumably because the OP believes that other advanced western countries don’t allow 4 year old children to be sued for negligence.

I tend agree, unless someone can produce evidence to suggest otherwise.

In most countries, the first priority would be to minimise any potentially psychological damage to a 4 year old child which might result from it accidentally causing a death. Rather than emphasising the child’s guilt and demanding to hold it accountable.

It is also generally accepted that Americans have an enthusiasm for suing which is not quite shared by the rest of the world. Anyone who suggests otherwise is in denial.

The title of the thread is perfectly acceptable imo. There is of course, absolutely nothing wrong with Yanks at all. But they do have have a tendency of having crap politicians and crap laws. They really need to sort themselves out. Rather than concentrating on their God-given right to sort out the rest of the world.

donsimon
    Free Member

Nasty cough you’ve got there Don Simon. Must be all that snow you have.

Nah! Probably the Capstan full strength. 😉

zokes
    Free Member

Christ, one of the few times I will agree with ernie, but I definitely couldn’t have put it better myself

muddydwarf
    Free Member

“other advanced Western Countries”

One could argue that any Nation that so enthusiastically enforces the death penalty should not be described as ‘advanced’…. 😉

stumpyjon

Christ, one of the few times I will agree with ernie, but I definitely couldn’t have put it better myself

+1 😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Capstan full strength

😯

Are you ‘smoking for two’, Don Simon?

donsimon
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Could Only Happen in the US.’ is closed to new replies.