Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Could McMoonter Tower's Pool Hoose be the 'Shed of the Year'?
  • JefWachowchow
    Free Member

What a lovely looking place! Cracking shed.
    Great to put a face to a (user) name too.

sadexpunk

pffft….. eco shed….concrete?? should be disqualified. mcmoonter for the win!!

EDIT: boooooooooooo 🙁

twistedpencil

No justice in the world!

busydog
    Free Member

McMoonter, I missed his thread when it came out, but that poolhouse is really nicely done. I showed the pics to Mrs busydog and she said if you wanted to adopt us and have us live there, we would pay our own way from the USA 😀

ourmaninthenorth

Got home just in time. Failed to put Ch4 HD on. Started watching, then the phone went – my mum – then as she’s rambling, the doorbell rang. The in-laws!

Ch4+1 it is then…, *sigh*

beanieripper
    Free Member

pruning cuts in pic 20 are horrendous..

69er_Gav
    Free Member

Absolutely superb McMoonter! Really impressive to have created this virtually single handed and in only a week or so……bravo. Got lucky with the weather for the filming i see too

monkeychild
    Free Member

Just watching on +1 good work sir. Bloody nice that.

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

Tip Top work. You was robbed.

mick_r

On the bed with shoes on! – no manners these “designers” 🙂

Nice place – Mrs asked about midges (from the pools) and how cold / noisy the roof got in winter.

Really wish we had a bit more space….

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Apologies for the shoddy pruning.

It was great fun working with the film crew, I thought they did well to edit out the panics in my breastie.

The guy with wine bottle igloo is featured in the August issue of World of Interiors, he has an awesome water garden.

My nephew cried when the Teapot lost to the cinema.

Strangely we are midge free, it’s usually quite windy outside the garden, so perhaps that’s why they are scarce. I slept up there over a winter, the one where the lochs froze, and loved it. When the sun comes up it heats up like a greenhouse.

Was just sent this via Twitter, India Knight is a Sunday Times columnist. She’s got me all wrong.

India Knight
    @indiaknight

@Shequeen @SimonNRicketts You know this shed guy? Well – this shed Lord?
    2:04 p.m. Thu, Jul 24

ell_tell
    Free Member

Top work with the nomination though & I bet it was a great experience all the same?

And a home cinema in a shed. That goes up to 11 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

Finally caught up. All sheds in mcmoonter’s category were excellent. Chap who won was a worthy winner, though I loved the madness and beauty of the fern house.

Well done mcmoonter – truly inspirational* as ever!

*I have a restless 3 year old watching with me. We’re now hatching plans to upgrade her outdoor playhouse…,

wwaswas

I did wonder about security for some of them with portable and valuable objects inside after this publicity?

teasel
    Free Member

Was watching this and thought “I recognise that place…”

Beautiful location but I preferred the winning shed in essence – probably because of the musical bias – but I’d have it in McM land instead. Y’know, just so’s you can have a nekkid bath n all.

The bottled fern growth chamber was excellent, too. Took him some time from the looks of it.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

“My nephew cried when the Teapot lost to the cinema.”

I nearly did too. I would have gone for the Jack Sparrow one in that category.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

When I was 5 my folks gave me some 2×1, a sheet of hardboard, a panel saw, set square, a measuring tape, hammer and nails for Christmas. I made a table that wobbled and immediately broke, but I was smitten.

When I get into shed building mode, my inner child screams, its Christmas ’69 all over again.

The best thing about the event was meeting a group of others who were similarly afflicted.

DezB
    Free Member

Now planning a ride around Fife with my lady so we can stop off in the poolhouse for an overnighter 😀

Must admit the teapot was the only one to really make me go “Wow”.

kudos
    Free Member

Really enjoyed the program, I would have loved to see an hour on McMoonter’s gardens – they look amazing! I’m trying to achieve a similar level of cultivated wildness in my little corner of Britain – it’s a lot harder than it looks!

Can’t bear that George the Geordie twerp, I hate the way he says “Shed uv the yurrrrrrrr…”

Kept expecting him to break out his magic markers and his sheet of perspex. Twunt.

granny_ring

Mcmoonter, just seen the program. What an oasis you have there.
    Bleedin marvelous sir!!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

What an oasis you have there.
    Bleedin marvelous sir!!

It’s a long standing family home, I say long standing, it’s the perfect candidate for Country House Rescue. Every day we seem to be fixing something. It’s not the sort of place that suits everyone, but having been away from it for over thirteen years it’s a great place to come back to and call home.

I’ve been fixing up part of the greenhouse today.

granny_ring

I have to say I did also like the shed that pipped yours to the post too.
    I cant remember which person said it but £6 for a telegraph pole 😯 where from?! Wish I’d known that before I’d started mine.

Speeder

On 4seven now – actually just moved on to the next.

Spectacular work there Peter though it looks like the competition may be quite tough. Best of luck.

AlexSimon

Can’t believe this all passed me by!
    I just watched the first episode of Shed of the Year last night and started prattling on to my wife about – “but that’s… that’s mcmoonter’s place, from singletrack – you know – the one who did the studio we were looking at…”

Great to see!
    I did quite like the winner of the Eco sheds too though.
    Can only assume that the cinema room got some help from avforums or similar though as it was just standard stuff in a standard shed.

I’ll try and get the others watched this weekend.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Seasonal thread resurrection Batman,

I just got word from the Amazing Spaces folks. They are going to include the Pool Hoose in their Christmas Special.

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Could McMoonter Tower's Pool Hoose be the 'Shed of the Year'?’ is closed to new replies.