Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Could I have a quick French translation please?
  • moe_szyslak
    Free Member

We have booked a house and the online translators seem to make it into Frenglish:

onjour
    bientôt les vacances en vagnas!! pensez a vos draps serviette de bain etc!
    VOus avez l ‘option ménage donc 120 euros +434 euros .A jeudi vous tel au 0615742463 ou 0614856589 pour la remise des clés.
    A très bientôt

Any help would be appreciated, Moe.

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Can’t help – but I’m slightly scared about what ‘vagnas’ could mean….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hmm Bable fish says

Please find your translated text below:
    bonjour
    bientôt les vacances en vagnas!! pensez a vos draps serviette de bain etc!
    VOus avez l ‘option ménage donc 120 euros +434 euros .A jeudi vous tel au 0615742463 ou 0614856589 pour la remise des (French)
    Hello soon vagnas holiday! think a your linen towel etc!
    You have ‘option household so 120 euros + 434 euros.A Thursday you such to 0615742463 or 0614856589 for the rehabilitation of (English)

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Soon you’ll be holidaying in Vagnas. You need to remember about sheets and bathtowels. They can offer you a housekeeper for 120 Euros. You need to call one of the listed numbers on Thursday to arrange for keys to be handed over.
    See you soon…

I think that’s the gist of it… sure someone who didn’t fluff their French A level will be along to correct me soon…

nickc

As above, enjoy your holiday, don’t forget towels and bed sheets, we have a cleaner for 120 euros, here’s the numbers to call me to get the keys see you soon

robarnold
    Free Member

SprocketJockey has hit it right on the head

Chapeau, jeune homme… 😀

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Not sure about jeune… I did that A level in 1990!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Its quite common for renters to provide their own towels and sheets. I think the €120 euros may include/be for sheet/towel rental as well as cleaning. You can call and check but it’s probably best to take your own.

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Thanks guys, Thats perfect. Will try to get to the bottom of this towel business!

wrecker
    Free Member

Chapeau, jeune homme

Hat, yellow man? 😕

Gilles

Not sure I follow here – Translated from english? so you must have the original text in English? So why translating it in french?

dannybgoode

I get it as:

Thank you for paying for your accommodation by Paypal gift. All we require to confirm the booking is another €120 Euros and then a final instalment of €434 – again by Paypal gift.

Yes we are a bunch of **** but there you go. If you want to take up the argument (in French) our telephone number is…

Enjoy your stay

Disclaimer – my command of French isn’t great.

Cheers

Danny B

headfirst
    Free Member

434 euros

What about this bit???

What’s that for?

Not a trifling amount…

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Thats the balance to pay on the house (we have only paid a deposit), we knew about that part.

Not sure I follow here – Translated from english? so you must have the original text in English? So why translating it in french?

Aye?

Gilles

Ok – I get it – The original text is written in very bad french, so I thought it was already translated using some online translator tool.

Sprocket and Nick got it right.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Could I have a quick French translation please?’ is closed to new replies.