Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Could I convert these to LED?
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

I have a set of Fireball all-terrain lights which I really like and are pretty good.

Like these

However, I have seen quite a few fantastic performing lights on here and I wondered if I could convert these to LED technology? I have a battery pack, charger, light housings and mounts so would it be easy to convert them? And roughly how much would it cost? Also, what’s involved?

Thanks

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Are the light units metal or plastic? You need a heatsink for the leds and a metal case will usually do

Whats the voltage on your battery pack?

this kit from cutter will probably do the trick

Zedsdead
    Free Member

The units are metal, I don’t have the lights to hand and can’t remember the voltage? I think the lights are 30w and 10w?

Kit looks interesting but 89.95 each, I think I may just stick with what I have…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Cutter have other cheaper kits – was that the aus dollar price?

YOu can do it with only one driver but then less flexibility, You can use cheaper drivers again cutter have them – as do others. I like that driver tho – the bflex as it is very adjustable and also has overheat protection

nickjb
    Free Member

dx have a load of replacement options. Some work from a range of voltages so you might be able to re-use the battery and charger

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.cree%20module

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Could I convert these to LED?’ is closed to new replies.