Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Could drivers who drive with snow covered windscreens and windows……….
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

… be prosecuted for driving without due care and attention? PLEASE

iDave
    Free Member

yes

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As could those with f***ing satnavs right in the middle of their field of vision.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Round our way, I think i'm the only person who bothers to clear all the windows, lights, roof and bonnet.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Why clear the roof, it does it itself first time you brake.

🙂

scuttler

Now the council grit bin's been emptied by everyone robbing it to grit their drives what do we grit the steep bit of the road with? That's right – my f%$^in PERSONAL STASH OF ROCK SALT that I bought to grit my drive with. Tossers.

And I hate people who can't clear there cars of snow and ice. Tits.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

i'm the only person who bothers to clear all the windows, lights, roof and bonnet.

😯 …….. surely only women drivers do that ?

I find that a 6 inch diameter hole, is more than sufficient.

druidh
    Free Member

Is that a genuine 6" or a mans 6"?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

LOL ! it gets smaller depending on how cold it is ❗

Drac

The grit in the bins is there for people to use. 😆

postierich
    Free Member

With my 33 year old motor I drive with ice on the inside aswell as the out!!!!!!

i_am_JC
    Free Member

Imagine how proud I was when I took my 1985 mini out the garage and drove away with clear windows.

Right until I reached the lights round the corner from home and had to scrape the inside of the windscreen. The condensation from my breath had condensed on the screen and frozen. I blame my bro. It never happens when I'm on my own but when i give him a lift…

GrahamS

the council grit bin's been emptied by everyone robbing it to grit their drives

Erm.. my understanding is that grit bins are fair game for public use. It is, after all, our council, financed by our tax, no?
    The Council don't grit our street, so we use the grit bin to grit the road, parking spaces and drives as required.

Anyways, yeah saw someone driving on a major A-road the other day with their back windscreen entirely covered in snow. Not even a feeble attempt at clearing it. Front windscreen was frosted up with just a "tank slit" scraped off. 🙄

I would hope they would have been pulled by the police if seen, but I suspect they have better things to do in this weather!

Also what happens to headlight bulbs in the cold? I seem to be seeing loads of cars with only headlight for some reason.

(and don't get me started on **** fog lights…!)

genesis
    Free Member

Yep 3points and a fine, someone did recently tell me it could be 3points for every window (think it was a wind up)

Flaperon

Captain Flashheart – yes, especially those who drive at night with their sat navs in day mode and on maximum brightness. FFS, it's just seared my eyeballs and I'm not even in your car!

xc-steve
    Free Member

Can anyone confirm the 3pts for every window!? Surly its just the front and rear?! Hence wipers otherwise why don't all windows have wipers?!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

2 words:

Heated windscreen.

😀

GrahamS

Yep, love the Ford heated front windscreen and mirrors in this weather 😀

I could do with a bigger washer tank though. Just completely emptied mine and I only filled it on Sunday!

z1ppy

GS you sure it's empty and not just frozen?

Ford Heated Front screen here too, ace, though my rear one seems to have died…

GrahamS

GS you sure it's empty and not just frozen?

Yep, was working fine then I was down to just foam coming out. 🙂
    I have done 360 miles since Sunday though, and on some fairly grotty roads.

I had another ready-mixed bottle in the car, but the tricky bit is finding somewhere safe to stop and fill it up, as the rest areas and emergency bays were mainly just big piles of snow.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

the tricky bit is finding somewhere safe to stop and fill it up, as the rest areas and emergency bays were mainly just big piles of snow.

You seem to have found the time and space to post on here though…..! 😉

GrahamS

Yep I can jjist about type threads onehandedwgile drving

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOL! 😀

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Could drivers who drive with snow covered windscreens and windows……….’ is closed to new replies.