Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Could a kindly ASR-5 owner PLEASE…
  • muzzle
    Free Member

…explain to me how to remove and replace the rear wheel without getting into a wrestling match with the chain, derailleur and rotor?! It seems like I can’t pull the derailleur far enough out of the way to pull the wheel out smoothly (SRAM X9 FWIW) and everything seems to get tangled up, the chain gets wedged on the cassette or the tyre gets jammed against the seat tube. This is when the bike is upside down, by the way (lets not have that debate again).

Anyone got a foolproof technique or overcome the same problem? I don’t have the same issues with any other bikes, so it’s not entirely down to my own muppetry I hope. WTF am I doing wrong?

gp
    Free Member

I have one, drop into the lowest gear (cassette) then put your hand on the front of the derauilleur and swing it back so the logo is almost pointing down/ you have pushed it right back,, this should move it out of the way enough for the wheel to drop out? Try gently tapping the wheel down too..

muzzle
    Free Member

Thanks gp. Do you mean drop into the highest gear (smallest cog), or should I actually be doing it with the chain on the largest cog?

P20

I’ve got xt on mine and its no problem. Never had any problems, sorry

bigjim

no problem with mine but have SLX. needs to be in smallest cog at back, smallest front too will give you more slack. mines is much easier than my old trance.

muzzle
    Free Member

Interesting. Perhaps I’m actually struggling with the SRAM derailleur rather than the Yeti! All my other bikes have Shimano setups, come to think of it…

honourablegeorge

Type 2 SRAM mech, by any chance?

Leku
    Free Member

QR or 12mm? 12mm is easier…

Kryton57

Smallest cog.

No issue with mine (shimano)

gp
    Free Member

Smallest cog sorry – I have an x9 too.

bikebob

Exactly same issue. A fight with the SRAM mech every time. Never experienced it with shimano. Must just be way it is but I’m glad it’s not just me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Could a kindly ASR-5 owner PLEASE…’ is closed to new replies.