Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Coughing up blood – hypochondriac content
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Had a nasty cold over the last week, lots of snot and been coughing up some really nasty looking mucus. Over the last 24 hours I’ve noticed a few streaks of blood in the mucus, which is a bit worrying…

Is this normal? Do I need to get to the docs, or is it a case of MTFU and have some lemsip?

btw…Ex smoker (gave up last year after 10 a day habit for around 17 years), and 37….

whats the verdict? Am I going to die (soon)?

iolo
    Free Member

Sounds like a lung infection.
    Call NHS direct who will tell you which way to proceed.

wwaswas

blood is *probably* just where you’ve been coughing a lot and have ruptured some capillaries.

I am not a doctor and, given the proximity to Christmas I’d be booking an appointment at the GP’s to get it checked rather than ending up having to go to Emergency dr’s if it gets worse .

tomhoward

Coughing up blood?

You could go to the docs, but there’s no point, it’s cat AIDS. the bad kind.

[serious face] go to the doctors! [/serious face]

hora
    Free Member

Docs. Try and cough it into something to produce if asked (yes- I had a chest infection last year- I had to force-cough my guts up in the Docs to produce a sample to be sent off for analysis.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Don’t panic, you’re probably not going to die. I had this last winter, really stinking cold, which turned into a chest infection, which lead to me coughing like a cat with the bad kind of AIDS.

It turned out the lining of my lungs was being hammered with all the constant coughing, and was therefore leading to a bit of bleeding.

Freaked me out a bit, but turned out it was normal for that kind of horrible chest infection. Stopped coughing up blood as soon as I stopped coughing.

NOW GO TO THE FRIKIN DOCTORS AND GET IT CHECKED !!

*I am not a doctor so don’t take my word as gospel*

clubber
    Free Member

You are definitely going to die.

Probably not soon. And probably not from cat AIDS. I reckon you’ll make Xmas at least.

Go to the docs. As above, it’s probably just from coughing a lot.

legolam
    Free Member

Probably just from coughing, but you still need to see a doctor for a check and maybe an x-ray.

footflaps

Only go to the Docs is it’s the good type of Cat Aids. We don’t want the NHS clogged up with people with Bad Aids, they brought it upon themselves…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Coughing up blood – hypochondriac content’ is closed to new replies.