Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cough remedies
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

It’s driving me mental. I had a nasty cold last week which has left me with this dry tickly cough that goes into overdrive at night. As such I reckon I’ve managed about 10 hours sleep during the past 4 nights and I am exhausted, not to mention aching, from coughing so much.

I’ve tried to avoid cough medicines as in the past they’ve just made things worse. Anyone got any magical remedies that might help? Someone suggested an antihistamine might help.

tomd
    Free Member

Honey. That is all.

sandwicheater

Trout heads, raw egg, butter and garlic with some chillies thrown in for good measure.

Oh, and could you video you eating it for me, ta.

bigblackshed

Pholcodine linctus.

Available from all pharmacies, own brand stuff. Less than £2 a bottle.

Thank me tomorrow. 😉

jambourgie
    Free Member

Ask for something with Dextromethorphan in it. Be prepared for a grilling as Dextromethorphan (DXM) is also used recreationaly. If the Nazi in a white coat pharmacist thinks you’re planning to enjoy your medicine they probably won’t sell it to you.

Likewise cough medicines containing Codeine.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Crack a couple of ribs, you’ll be surprised how much you can suppress your cough reflex if the stakes are high enough.

globalti
    Free Member

Try Neurofen. It’s an anti-inflammatory so it might just calm down your irritated bronchia. It works for me when I get mild chest irritation.

mefty
    Free Member

Dessert spoon of vinegar (wine/cider) followed by the same amount of honey

mikeyp

Codeine in any tablet will suppress your cough reflex eg cocodamol. It’s what’s in most cough medicines. Other than that night nurse will knock you out. Whisky and honey otherwise.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cough remedies’ is closed to new replies.