Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Cottingley Woods felling
  • Entonox
    Free Member

Does anyone know the master plan? Are they removing the lot or just thinning areas out?

trevron73
    Free Member

If they remove them all, where will the fairies live?????

downhilldave

Yeh,was up there a couple of weeks ago and it was a right mess. Lots of windfall trees as well.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Ask her, although she may say it’s none of your business 😉

http://www.bradford.gov.uk/asp/councillors/details.asp?id=38

Still shocked at the amount of trees felled in Esholt.

Entonox
    Free Member

They’ve been selective in removing some trees in certain areas, I’m wondering why they would do that.

Entonox
    Free Member

Haven’t seen the Esholt devastation yet. Not sure I want to.

Tess
    Free Member

They are privately owned woods initially planted by the current owners father back in the 1920’s, he purchased the land and planted the first trees as a commercial wood business, initially the wood processing was actually done on site. Shame though, all those lovely trails gone, was walking there yesterday trying to locate old trails but all gone, some new ones emerging though. Site is going to be totally replanted apparently as part of the ongoing business.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Entonox, all the bottom section of the DH trails have been pretty much wiped out. All the trees gone from that side of the path up 🙁

Simon

As far as I know the recent work in Cottingley is just thinning and work has now finished, so hopefully some of the old trails might reappear 😉

Sancho
    Free Member

nah the bottom section at Esholt isnt that bad,
    I cleared the first sweeping berm and both sets of doubles afterwards today, took a lot of swinging the axe to get through the branches.
    but we cleared the run to the wall gap on new years day and then the first three jumps after the wall, now got to clear the rest and dig in a couple of jumps and berms and it will all be back, the tyre tracks wont take much to sort out.
    plus new jumps been added and improved on the top section already
    The Esholt hive have been working hard.
    put some drainage channels in to stop it being too wet over the next few months

Entonox
    Free Member

That’s good to know Simon. I think they just might 🙂

Simon

It was a dog walker that told me but work does seem to have stopped.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

St Ives is on the list as well. Thinning out pines and clearing rhododendrons above Lady Blantyres Rock and around the Permissive BW including a small forest road behind LBR.
    Also, a survey was published 12 months ago or so asking what people wanted to do with Betty’s Wood (the bottom pine forest above Brown Cow Pub). At the very least, that will be thinned out.

Entonox
    Free Member

That’ll do for me. Dog walkers know everything.

St Ives too?

Simon

Are you doing much local riding Boris?

Entonox
    Free Member

Just at the weekends. You getting out much?

Simon

Yeah, usually Saturday pm or Sunday am, Tuesday night ride, and don’t tell anyone but I’ve bought a road bike for winter commuting a couple of days a week 😯

Entonox
    Free Member

Jesus not you too 😀

Simon

Some of the old trails seem to have come back! 🙂

Entonox
    Free Member

Must be that Cottingley magic innit. 😀

Simon

It’ll be those fairies.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Cottingley Woods felling’ is closed to new replies.