Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 241 total)
  • COTSWOLDS POOTLE: 24th November; it's official.
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Ha, I was just going to post that we’re going to bail but it seems that the wife decided to tell you lot before me!
    Anyway, that’s me, redwoods, missnotax and a n other off the list. sorry. looks like we’ll have to eat all the cake ourselves.

IHN

redwoods – I think that article’s a bit alarmist TBH. That picture’s certainly not the main road through Winchcome.

The current traffic news shows no traffic problems (other than ‘normal’ traffic problems) anywhere near Winchcombe.

Still, as I said, if you were planning on driving a long way then make your own decision.

Monksie – I’ll be there. Possibly on my own… Just be careful though, eh? The forecast is changing by the hour.

missnotax
    Free Member

Yup, sorry guys, a bit too far for me to drive up in the rain, ride in the rain, and drive home in the rain….

Have a good one though! 🙂

tang
    Free Member

Cant make it this time. See my post on wife/car park incident. She needs to relax and me to be with the kids tomorrow. Have a good one!

dawson

hmm, currently undecided on whether to bail – it would be a 240mile round trip for me – I’ll check the forecast again later.

monksie
    Free Member

I’m still in. To be honest though, If I had to drive there and back, I’d probably mard off as well.
    Driving….a hateful activity……

dawson

decision made – I’m crying off too. Have a good one.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bunch of bloody soft shandy drinking no hopers. ^^^^^
    😉

We’re combing it with a visit to see friends. I’ll be there.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Been nice day in Cheltenham today after 4 hours of hard rain yesterday evening lovely ride home from work.Just starting again ear.Cranham never looked waterlogged when i pasted today on a road ride.Happy days.
    You might be lucky you might be having tomorrows rain early hopefully 😀

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Good luck guys, you’re braver than I am.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Update Lashing again BLOODY HELL.

IHN

Well, I’ll be there, without the Northern contingent I was to be bringing as they’ve cried off.

Looks like it might just be me and MrPoddy huddling together for warmth 🙂

monksie
    Free Member

Ahem……still invited?

binners

Don’t you be calling all northerners big gay girls blouses, just because I am! 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

We’re riding in the peaks tomorrow as we can be there, around and home in half the time so a bit more tolerable if we’re cold and piss wet through.

Bunnyhop

Same here Onzadog. Although the weather forecast here for the weekend is grim 🙁

monksie
    Free Member

I’m still in…just. My wife is trying to talk me out of it now. It’s just rain for christ sake!

tollah
    Free Member

you bunch of northern Shandy drinking whippet loving pigeon fancying fairies! Its not that bad down here you lot should be used to it with the foul weather you have up there everytime I nip up the road to ride with you.

shakes head and walks off muttering………………….

Onzadog
    Free Member

tollah, it’s not the wet that scares me, it’s those things you have down there where a trail going one direction, becomes a trail going in a different direction. What are they called? Co..cor…sod it, I can’t remember.

tollah
    Free Member

yeah, sorry forgot you lot couldn’t do bends 🙂

Macgyver

Looks like me and the wife will bail on this one. Shame really but the weather is a deciding factor. We can get wet through and muddy locally 🙂
    My name is Macgyver and I am a southern quiche eating mincer !

monksie
    Free Member

The wife has won. Sorry Si. I’m gutted. I was really looking forward to this ride.

IHN

Christ, someone else come. I don’t want be the meat in a TollahPoddy sandwich 😯

mboy
    Free Member

Popped into work this afternoon for a couple of hours, then swapped tyres on my HT to mud x’s before leaving. Then checked the weather report for Winchcombe tomorrow… 🙁

Then got asked if I wouldn’t mind working tomorrow as someone had screwed the rota up and there was only going to be 2 people in the shop!

So… If anyone wants a ride on Sunday instead, when the sun is scheduled to come out, then get in touch… Otherwise for the brave souls still heading out tomorrow, good luck! The promise or driving rain and near gale force winds has tempered my enthusiasm somewhat…

peteimpreza

Poddy is stuck on the M4 en-route to chez impreza

IHN

Then got asked if I wouldn’t mind working tomorrow as someone had screwed the rota up and there was only going to be 2 people in the shop!

How convenient 😉

How’s the back Pete, are you coming for a swimride tomorrow?

b0leyngr0und
    Free Member

I’ve just got back from the middle class supermarket with mince pies and brownies to share – I’ll be there unless I read it’s off before 9.00am tomorrow. Worse case, we can always go for sausages and lunch at the white hart.

tollah
    Free Member

Didn’t say I was going IHN 🙂

MartynS

Well, I’ll be there, without the Northern contingent I was to be bringing as they’ve cried off.

I actually have ebola, manthrax and death.. I’m quite peed off not to be coming down there to show you southerners how to ride properly.. but as I’m dead at the moment its a bit tricky..

soulstealer
    Free Member

Sorry guys, gonna bail. It’s not the getting soggy riding that bothers me, more the possibility of getting stuck in floods on way back! Shame as I was looking forward to meeting you all. Have fun you brave souls!

rOcKeTdOg

I have been to the pub, the floods (mother in laws car abondonned on A46 in a giant puddle today) that is puttng me off it’s the hangover which will mean i won’t surface before 10 that’s hindering me

What’s that? Another pint? Don’t mind if i do 🙂

IHN

Well, the flapjack’s baked, and that’s waterproof.

See you tomorrow 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Somebody PLEASE email me if you decide to cancel. 🙂
    I’ll be there otherwise.
    Shall I bring money for the pub? 😉

IHN

Well I’m here, in a big silver van. Where’s the rest of you buggers?

peteimpreza

Poddys on his way

b0leyngr0und
    Free Member

It was fun in the sunny Cotswolds today. Thanks for organising si and a great loop. Good to meet the hardy souls who braved it and no one got shot. Cheers – Andy (blue swift)

IHN

Yeah, you big pansies, you don’t know what you missed. As an exercise in manning (and womaning) TFU, it was good fun.

Big hills, big puddles, big smiles 🙂

Bunnyhop

Glad you allhad a good time.

We Northern pansies ended up in the Peak district, where we managed to dodge any rain. Slippery under wheel mind and a lovely tea shop stop at the end.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well I’m dry and clean now. Glad I got off my ass for that. A quick 25k blast round the ‘Wolds and a swift half. Good way to waste time IMO
    Cheers to IHN for leading 🙂

Quick iPhone panoramic:

Untitled by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

binners

Glad you had a good’un folks! How wet was it?

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 241 total)

The topic ‘COTSWOLDS POOTLE: 24th November; it's official.’ is closed to new replies.