Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 241 total)
  • COTSWOLDS POOTLE: 24th November; it's official.
  • IHN

Is this a reincarnation of the Cotswold Massive?

Some may see it as a cynical marketing exercise consisting of a relaunch of the same old bollocks under a new name, I couldn’t possibly comment 😉

Average speed a bit high for me, but I’ll put some training in

[wonders if he’s joking :?]

wingnuts

IHN – always get your excuses in early 🙂

IHN

Right, had a bit of a think route-wise and it’ll be about 40km
    – a reasonably taxing initial climb out of Winchcombe
    – along, up, down and around (repeat as necessary)
    – a nice long descent back into Winchcombe

All easily pootleable

I’ve absolutely no idea how long it will take, especially given that it seems that we may be pretty numerous. I would say somewhere in the region of, roughly, bearing in numbers, weather, terrain and position of the planets, a while 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ll bring lights.

I seem to remember lending some out down your way once upon a time…. 😉

IHN

Ah yes, I seem to remember that you gave (importantly 😉 ) Dan a Wilko’s rear light so he could get home after the post-ride pint went on a bit too long. Dan said he’d post it back to you; I believe your words were “keep it, it’d probably cost more to post than it cost” 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I got it back!
    Months/years later. I’d forgotten all about it and someone gave it to someone else who passed it on IIRC 🙂

Aldi lights are now half the Wilkos price anyway. I can afford it.

IHN

“Hey big spen-DAAAAAAAAAAAH!”

🙂

Pook

Hope you’ve kept the receipt for the big scissors. I can’t come! I was very, very close to getting a pass but I’ve had to use it to go karting on the Sunday. Apologies all.

I could send someone as a representative of me. Anyone shambolic and unfit enough?

binners

Shambolic and unfit? Sounds like my cue!

Pook

Binners, I’ll send the official pootle kit* later.

*a half eaten bag of haribo and a punctured tube.

Pook

edit

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

IHN, how’s the mx headset I dropped off for you?

Have you seen ind bworks fb page yet?
    I replied to the excellent customer service thread see… 😀

IHN

Good thanks fella. Will check out FB

binners

Will the kit include some icicles for my socks?

tollah
    Free Member

a reasonably taxing initial climb out of Winchcombe

LOL you could call it that!

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

a reasonably taxing initial climb out of Winchcombe
    LOL you could call it that!

A taxing implication even… ;D

TheSwede
    Free Member

I may come out of retirement for this and of course for you sweet stuff X

IHN

You see what happens when you skim read a thread quickly on your phone when you’re on the bog, like what I did last night? You miss the pertinent point…. His High Pootleness, peace be upon him won’t make it?

And the climb out of Winchcombe’s not that bad. It’s not like it’s steep (apart from the steep bits) or long (apart from the length) but it’s not hard. The little lady’s done it and she’s a girl.

MartynS

The little lady’s I’ve done it and she’s I’m a girl.

Fixed it for you Si…

MartynS

Oh and Pook,

As 37 in line to the pootle crown I’m happy to represent the peak pootle and uphold the fine traditions as laid down and written on that scrap of paper

IHN

The little lady’s I’ve You’ve done it and she’s I’m you’re a girl with a girls bike

monksie
    Free Member

I’ve been given permission to attend so depending on the weather, I could be there to disrupt proceedings.

IHN

In-funking-sane 🙂

We’ll have some Haribo waiting…

Pook

MartynS, I hereby annoint you PookInProxy…. go forth my son and holdeth ye gaytes, patcheth ye punctures and sharethetheth ye hariboeth gloriously

#gutted-eth

monksie
    Free Member

My train ticket home is booked so I’m in regardless of the weather. I’m right excited.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Should I bring cake? Or is that a silly question?

Pook

bringing cake is one of the rules ^

binners

As I don’t do cake, I may attempt to recreate Graeme’s legendary Lancashire Bhaji’s. I have done them once to his recipe and they went well

IHN

I might make some of my world-famous flapjack.

My train ticket home is booked so I’m in regardless of the weather. I’m right excited

Note, fellow pootlers, that he’s only booked a ticket back from ‘Nam to Stockport. He’s taking ‘riding out to the start’ to a whole new level…

binners

Looks like we’re getting a proper northern contingent up. It’s not going to scare the locals is it? Thinking its some type of Jarrow march?

IHN

Nah, they get a lot of foreign tourists in the Cotswolds; they’ll just assume you’re from one of the colonies.

monksie
    Free Member

Holy Arse! I’ve just looked on the map to see where this place is!……..I thought it was somewhere near Congleton…..

nbt

My geography gets hazy when I get south of Wildboarclough too, I thought it was near France

IHN

The Cotswolds, earlier

nbt

Anyway, we may well be up for this, pending our ability to co-ordinate a visit to see family in the area the day before – we’ve a new niece we still haven’t seen. If we can go visit them, we’ll book into a hotel overnight and make a trip of it. Tandem might be involved.

nbt

facepalm. It’s a saturday ride not a Sunday ride. That makes things more difficult. Grrr.

IHN

Okay, route sorted, 37.7km-ish, taking in the very highest point of the Cotswolds at a nose-bleed inducing 1093ft*

* Any exposure to extreme environments is entered into totally at Pootlers’ own risk. The Cotswold Pootle, it’s officers or associates take no responsibility for:
    – any incidence or symptom of altitude sickness (including but not exclusively nose-bleeds, dizziness and pulmonary or cerebral edema)
    – if you get whacked on the head by a ball from the golf course

rOcKeTdOg

Edema or oedema?

IHN

Both 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

That’s a long way for a pootle!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 241 total)

The topic ‘COTSWOLDS POOTLE: 24th November; it's official.’ is closed to new replies.