Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cotic Soul with 140mm forks. 90mm stem/70mm stem quandary??
  • brooess
    Free Member

My old Soul was run with 130mm forks, often at 125mm, and a 90mm stem on Cy's recommendation. I now have a 2010 frame with 140mm Revs on. For the time being I still have the 90mm stem as I know the fit is right but am thinking about dropping to 70mm to help counteract the slightly slower steering.
    Another reason to do this is my Orange Five has 140mm Pikes and a 70mm stem and I'd rather not have one bike steer slower than the other as I ride both pretty regularly.
    I'm 5'11 and just wondering what other riders do? I know at the end of the day it's personal preference and I'm off to test back to back at the weekend so just asking out of interest. When I asked Cy he reckoned either stem would be fine

Cheers

kelvin

Me? 80mm stem, inline seatpost. Prepare for as many different opinions as there are riders = ;87)

Oh, and I've found stems and bars are inseparable. Dropping the stem length pairs well with fitting wider bars.

metalheart
    Free Member

I suggest that you read this:

http://cotic.posterous.com/newsletter-some-thoughts-on-soul-setup

It might help.

I have a 70mm stem sitting waiting to get fitted on my (old) Soul Its run at 100mm travel (mostly), a 90mm stem at present (like you as per Cy's recommendation) and a layback pin. Had an e-mail correspondence where he recommended a layback pin more or less as a default.

Wider bars are on it already…

DJTC
    Free Member

its a stem it holds your bars on, dont worry so much.

Northwind

Shorter. Mine has 130mm forks/680mm low bars/60mm stem. Lovely. Slightly harder work for really steep climbs but brilliant all the rest of the time. 70mm was a better allround option. 90mm lasted about 2 minutes before I took it back off.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Soul with 140mm forks. 90mm stem/70mm stem quandary??’ is closed to new replies.