Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cotic Soul & Double ring set up…
  • PolisherMan

Just about to bite the bullet and go 10speed. Guessing a 26 granny will be a bit tight. Is 24/38 11-36 what most go for?
    I think 1×10 is going to be a bit limiting for me, when I want to open it up a bit on faster tracks.

soobalias
    Free Member

the last version i got up close to was pre dropper post et al, but the two up front wasnt an option, 36t was within mills of the chainstay, 22.32.44 eventually

matther01
    Free Member

I ran 38/24 no worries…think you can get away with 26 tbh (mk3)

jruk
    Free Member

I’ve got a mk2 and run 11/42 x 36. It’s an xt cassette + one up with a rf nw on the front. Shifting isn’t perfect but it’s better than a dropped chain and sore knees.

Edit: cranks are slx triple with short ring bolts.

mintimperial

Do you mean will a 26T granny fit on a Soul frame? If so, yes it should fit fine. I have a 28/40T double XT on my Mk3, no problems in over a year. I ran 26/36 on a triple chainset on a Mk 2 frame for 18 months too, I did get a bit of chainsuck on that but I think that was more to do with the drivetrain components than the frame, it went away when I replaced the old bits.

RickDraper
    Free Member

I have a MK3 soul and 40/26 rings on XT triple cranks with no clearance problems.

MoreCashThanDash

I was told by Cotic that my Mk1 Soul will not accept a Shimano double, but Sram may just squeeze in due to the chain line or something….I stopped listening and started saving for a Solaris at that point!

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I’ve got a SLX M675 double chainset on the way for my MK2 soul. The chainrings will be swapped for a N/W raceface ring (34t). Am I likely to have problems??

mintimperial

Should be fine I think. The new ring will be fitted where the outer ring was, if I’ve understood what you’re doing correctly? The old ring would have been much bigger than 34T, and should have fitted fine, so don’t see how the new one could cause a problem.

PolisherMan

Mines a mk3, just emailed Cy to see if a 26/38 is possible.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Polisher man see my above post.

iainc

Also a mk3 with 24/38 xt double here and no issues

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Soul & Double ring set up…’ is closed to new replies.