Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cotic soul attraction ?
  • eddie1971
    Free Member

I really fancy buying and building a cotic soul, I currently own a meta 5.5.2 2009 and a On One scandal but mostly ride the scandal. I do prefer hardtails and only bought the meta to do more trial centre riding, which hasn’t really happened as much as I’d of liked.

So my plan is to sell both either as complete bikes or split, and build a top notch soul and have best of both worlds. I am sharing my thoughts on here hoping that you guys advice me that the soul is the way to go.

iainc

eddie – in a similar place myself. Have taken apart and sold my Rock Lobster 853, 100mm hardtail and will shortly be selling my 5 as a full bike.

New Soul will be ready next week.

Very much same thought process as you – the 5 goes on bigger days/weekends/trail centres, but last year was only ridden around 10 times, so decided to get rid of both bikes to a do it all hardtail.

Souls spec here FYI :

Frame Cotic Soul medium orange
    Fork X-Fusion Velvet RL 120mm tapered 15mm
    Chainset Xt Double chainset 175 24-38t
    Shifters XT Ispec Double
    RR mech XT Clutch Mech
    FT mech XT double Mech
    Cassette XT 10spd 11-36
    Chain XT 10spd
    Ft Brake XT M785 silver
    Rr Brake XT M785 silver
    Rotors SLX 160/180
    Mounts 160/180
    Bars Easton Haven carbon
    Stem Thomson Elite X4 70 x 0
    Grips Lizard Skins Peaty black
    Headset Cane Creek Semi integrated
    Seatpost Rockshox Reverb 125mm drop
    Saddle SDG Bel Air Ti
    Ft Hub Hope Pro II Evo black
    Rr Hub Hope Pro II Evo black
    Rims Mavic XM719 32h
    Spokes DT Swiss Competition black
    Tyres Specialized Purgatory 2.3
    Tubes Conti
    Cables Shimano Gear cables

eddie1971
    Free Member

What’s the cost so far, and why x fusion forks i only ask because I’ve never thought of them as an option.

Nice spec though mate

unless I buy new finding one is like finding the holy grial

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iainc

eddie – I’m getting a good deal through LBS. The retail price is around £2900, but I’m not paying that much 😆

I went for xfusion as they get great reviews and seem good VFM. There are not a load of 120mm tapered bolt through forks around. I was also looking at a Reba 120 dual air, but the xfusion won over in the end, albeit similar cost. Allegedly they come from same factory as Fox but without the premum tag

eddie1971
    Free Member

Cheers for that, please post your thoughts after your first few rides on how the bike performs

honourablegeorge

You might be interested in Cotic’s latest news then – full builds.

– Full Deore XT 3×10 drivetrain and brakes, with Shadow Plus clutch mech
    – Rock Shox Revelation RCT3 150mm (Rocket, BFe), SID RCT3 120 Maxle (Soul), SID29 100 Maxle (Solaris)
    – Hope Hoops Wheels with Stans Rims (Flow EX – Rocket/BFe, Arch EX – Soul, Solaris)
    – Hope Headset
    – Cotic 60mm stem, 400mm seatpost, cromo rail saddle
    – Race Face Respond bars (740mm riser 26″ bikes, 710mm flat 29″ bikes)
    – Continental Mountain King II 2.2″ tyres
    – Lock collar grips

iainc

aye, when I spoke with Cotic a few weeks ago they said they were going to be doing full build options in the summer – wonder how they will price up ?

honourablegeorge

Rocket starts from £3,000 with the Float RL shock, Soul and Solaris are £2,250 and the BFe is £2,000.

iainc

double post

sm500
    Free Member

eddie1971 send me a mail i have a mk3 soul i think its the one with the oval top tube, i might be selling just frame..

iainc

Cheers George. equates favourably for my custom build 😛

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cotic soul attraction ?’ is closed to new replies.