Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cotic Soul 650b
  • CheesybeanZ

Anyone got one ?
    MrsbeanZ is thinking of replacing her Ti456 and Mariachi with one bike . The Stanton slackline was in the running but they dont do it in periwinkle blue .

Neil-S
    Free Member

I’ve got one, I really like it. See if you can get her a shot of one 🙂

CheesybeanZ

She’s read the geo and sizes then saw a picture of one in blue – all rational thinking went out the window .

fruitbat

I’ve got a yellow one and Mrs Fruitbat has got an orange one.

CheesybeanZ

What length forks are you running ?

bennn
    Free Member

I rode one on Saturday at the demo day, before I was convinced I needed a BFe. Rode the Soul and just felt bettererer.

Ben_H

The Soul frame is about 20% lighter than the Stanton offerings, if that’s important to you (certainly the QR version).

I “only” have one MTB and it’s difficult to see beyond this type of bike as a do-it-all. I run mine with 130mm forks and 1×11 in drier months, then as a rigid singlespeed from November to February.

I’m tempted to try something different from a 27.5 hardtail for the sake of it next time, but I’d almost certainly lose some versatility.

Mine is one of the older, very blue ones:

fruitbat

We have 120mm Rebas on ours.

CheesybeanZ

Sorry another question , have any of you slackened the head angle or left it as standard ?

Neil-S
    Free Member

I run a 140mm pike (it’s a 150 with 10mm taken off the spring rod) on mine. I’m running the standard head angle.

trisysjoint

I run a 26″ version frame with 650b wheels in and rigid carbon 29er forks, it’s a flying machine !
    27.5×2.1 nobby nics fit fine in the frame and it’s superlight with the forks.

jonnyrockymountain

I had one, but preferred my ti456!!!!!!1

iainc

I am on one of the last 26 versions, with 2×10 XT group and 120mm Rebas, reverb etc. I think it is my favourite bike of the dozen plus I have had over the years. I also have an Anthem, but the Soul gets most use.

Paul-S
    Free Member

triysjoint,
    What forks are you running?

How does it affect the handing, and have you tried any sprung forks?

Cheers P.

jimmy

I have one and love it – does everything. Running 140mm Revs – I think 130mm would be mostly ideal but I was riding Innerz endure trails on it, so the slight additional slackness helped.

MrsMugsy
    Free Member

I’ve got one in aqua blue. It’s a QR version in XS (i’m a small girl and the Stanton didn’t come small enough to be considered).

I love it. After the first ride I was like ‘ Where have you been all my life ?

I got the 46 cassette and it climbs on trees. It climbs even better than my previous Ti hardail in 26′.

It’s so much fun and I love the colour.

CheesybeanZ

Thanks for the replies.

@MrsMugsy I’ve sent you a pm .

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Soul 650b’ is closed to new replies.