Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Cotic soul 275
  • wilko1999
    Free Member

cough hoses cough 😀

Ant, XT brakes are dead easy to shorten, normally not even requiring a bleed afterwards, do a search there’s a ‘how to’ somewhere. Go on, give it a go, you won’t have much time for tweaking your new pride and joy soon….

antop34

far too lazy for that, but please feel free to do it for me mate!

NormalMan

Looks great!

Really makes me want one all the more now.

kelvin

Some pics of my finished Cotic 275 build. Its a medium and im 5’9 and it seems little large, but for what I want it is perfect.

Is that a layback post? This version of the Soul is designed around inline posts, so it might feel a bit stretched with that post. Shift your saddle forward a bit in the cradle if you can.

Gordymac
    Free Member

This is torture you lot, but keep the pictures coming.

I now have everything needed for the build. Just waiting patiently on a frame now! 🙄

I will be able to add my pictures to this thread eventually.

antop34

Hi Kelvin, no it’s a Joplin dropper post, so totally inline. I’m used to the size now and it’s perfect!

RickDraper
    Free Member

That Joplin has layback.

Looks sweet though.

antop34

I stand corrected, hadn’t realised layback also refers to clamp position.

Nice ride this morning and it fits like a dream. Climbs like a goat!

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Nice build Antop34, they do climb well, just like every cotic I ridden!
    yes shorten the hoses, there should be new olive and insert with the brakes when you got them.

bubs

Lot of talk about 120mm forks. Is it happy with 140mm forks?

antop34

Just weighed it and she comes in at 27.7lbs with a full XT double groupset, with dropper post and a few carbon bits.
    That’s with 2.4 conti trail kings as well.

NormalMan

I thought it might be slightly under that but I guess you’ve got a few heavier things ie. tyres / dropper, etc.

Most importantly is how it rides. Any more feedback?

Also @ bubs – I’ve only seen talk of 120’s on the 275 but drop Cotic an email, they are really helpful.

NormalMan

BTW, the bike that has stopped me letting go of wanting steel again can be seen here (4th post in):

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/straight-steerers-26-wheels-lets-see-your-old-fashioned-bikes-then#post-6081235

antop34

ride feedback – I went on a bit more of a ride on Saturday and feedback is very good. Obviously a bit rougher than my old full sus, but the forks are starting to bed in and work very well.
    It holds speed so well and was great fun on singletrack. I have the reach etc dialled now, so just very happy to ride it now!

NormalMan

Cool. Thanks.

In the end I couldn’t get passed missing big wheels so have just taken delivery of a Solaris.

The rides over the weekend were exactly what I hoped for.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Bigger is ALWAYS better.

NormalMan

No wheel size debate intended just personal preference.

Having one or two teething issues but love the way it rides.

antop34

I haven’t seen any proper magazine reviews on the 275 yet. Have been to Haldon forest recently and so many people ask me about it! ive even let a few guys have a ride on it too (in exchange for car keys!)
    Just a quick update – the paint isn’t the most robust! I have a nasty stone chip that has gone down to the metal already!!!
    Also I need to play about with the stem length as it still feels slightly twitchy with a 60mm stem.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

How are people that previously had the 26 finding the new size after a few months of riding the 27.5?

Gordymac
    Free Member

Still waiting, still no sign of them being available.

Tempted by a small Kinesis Sync 650b instead, a lot more money than a Soul but it’s a lot of bike.

Ben_H

Anyone know when these are likely to be back in stock?

Looks like Cotic blew through the intial batch mega-quickly.

bikeryder85
    Free Member

I wondered the same thing, 7 weeks ago they said it would take 6 weeks to get them in. last week they said 6 weeks… 😕

NormalMan

There have been reviews in ST and What MTB now antop34. Guess you may have seen them by now though.

Gordymac
    Free Member

I was told 8 weeks on the 21st of May. Now simple maths tells me that’s now 15 weeks!

As I’ve already said above I’m looking at other things now.

bikeryder85
    Free Member

that’s fine gordy, just sharing in the plight

NormalMan

As I said in another thread, given the delays with this, all I’ve read on here about the Rocket and my own ‘teething issues’ experience, I hope everything is ok at Cotic and they are just snowed under / pushed rather than anything bad.

Gordymac
    Free Member

Normal Man can you say what your teething issues were on here?

NormalMan

Don’t want to sound like I’m moaning so won’t go into massive detail but just some attention to detail on the cables mainly. I did have an issue with the front wheel bearings but Cotic helped out asap to get that sorted too.

Nothing to stop me buying from them again or recommending the bike though. Hence why I hope all is well with them.

Oh and I guess the vanity side of me being disappointed that they didn’t use my photos on Cotic.cc 😆

RickDraper
    Free Member

Any news on when the 27.5 souls will arrive for sale?

NormalMan

IIRC the last newsletter email thing I got mentioned November.

antop34

Sorry to hear that people haven’t got their Souls yet. Mine has been doing some good miles and recently did the new xc trail at cwm Carn and I was amazed! Not missing my full sus at all!

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Yet another bike I would love to ride…… alas.

Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Cotic soul 275’ is closed to new replies.