Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)
  • Cotic soul 275
  • Gordymac
    Free Member

Anyone got one built up yet? Any pictures?

jonnyrockymountain

Got my frame Friday, nice, should have it built up by end of week, once it’s done I’ll put some pictures up

Gordymac
    Free Member

Good man, looking forward to seeing your pictures.

There can’t be too many of them around as yet, too early!

swisstony82
    Free Member

Any news on the build? I am looking to order mine at the end of the month.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Build spec is on the Cotic site
    http://www.cotic.co.uk/product/bikes/soul275/

I planning to build one up next week, just waiting for a few part to turn up next week.
    Well it needs to be done as I am sorting out a Cotic demo day at Erlestoke 12,
    Be Just Hardtails 29, 26 and 27.5 bikes available.

swisstony82
    Free Member

are you doing that as part of the event at Erlestoke or as a side thing?
    Also, what frame size Cotic 275 will you have?
    Cheers

BigDummy
    Free Member

Get a Samurai65 instead Gordy.

🙂

Leon
    Free Member

Errr. Dunno why it doesn’t work.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Be part of Erlestoke, Got the go ahead from SPAM biking, I will have a stand, more info should be out early next week.
    At the moment the list of bikes for test riding I got so far,
    Large Solaris
    Medium Solaris
    Large Soul 26″
    Large Soul 27.5″

So hopefully most can try and find out which wheel size they like.

I also have a small soul 26″ but just for seat on/carpark/sizing test.
    I am still trying to get hold of another medium bike but not looking likely

bikeryder85
    Free Member

oh come on Leon! :p

Been hovering over the order button for this for a while, just waiting to sell my 29er 1st

Leon
    Free Member
    wwaswas

Dunno why it doesn’t work.

Your lawn is so ashamed it’s blocking it… 😉

You need to post an image as .jpg etc – at the moment you’re linking to a file on dropbox.

tomhoward

Looks like a, err, soul….

Leon
    Free Member

I can’t find a way to get a direct jpg link on dropbox.

anyway, it’s a nice bike. Mine built up at 11.6kg, size large. rides lovely. more agile than my old 29er, for example.

swisstony82
    Free Member

very nice bike – looking forward to pay day, just hoping they have some left!

iainc

looks lovely indeed. As an owner of a 2013 Soul with the ‘old wheels’ I’ll be interested in reading real life back to back opinions as to whether they ride differently when specced identically.

Mine will do me for a long time, probably until/if I can’t buy bits for it, but I do remain intruigued

wwaswas

I made a copy to dropbox;

bikeryder85
    Free Member

very nice! how does it ride?

Leon
    Free Member

well, I’m coming from a 26″ anthem, so there are way more variables than wheel size. It rides really nicely, but I would say like a 26er. 29ers feel different, this just feels like a nice bike. Would be interesting to do a back to back with a 26″ one though.

bikeryder85
    Free Member

well that is prob the most honest review i could hope for! What fork did you go for?

Gordymac
    Free Member

My finger is hovering over the order button. I’ll probably get one ordered tomorrow..
    Look out for my 26″ gear in the classifieds shortly 😆

Leon
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2014 Reba at 120mm on the front. Now it’s bedded in it seems a really nice match. (nice and cheap from bike24.net, which is where i also got the tyres)

I started off with a 50mm stem, but it was too twitchy. I’ve got a 70mm now, and It’s perfect for me.

I’ve set up 1×10, with a 36t ring, and that ring runs quite close to the chainstay – I wouldn’t go any bigger.

tyres, I’ve got a Hans Damf trailstar 2.25 on the front, and a Ardent 2.25 on the back. Nice and grippy, but a bit draggy, so I’ve also picked up some crossmarks for the summer.

I really am enjoying the bike so far. Sadest episode was my reverb post getting stuffed after a single ride in the mud. I’m on a rigid post now 🙁

bikeryder85
    Free Member

Thanks for the report! i wondered about running a 50mm stem but worried it would do just that, I’ll prob go with 60. I think I’m going to go with a set of 130mm velvets if i can track down a pair. Sorry to hear about the reverb, hope you get it running soon!

Leon
    Free Member

I didn’t try a 60, so not sure. 70 was a huge improvement though. Really only felt right once I’d done that. Of course the velvets change it all anyway as they are longer axle to crown, so more like a 140 rockshox I think.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Just built mine up ready for the demo day tomorrow at Erlestoke12,

Please forgive the non colour coded saddle. (if any like to photo shop to red that be great, :wink:)

NormalMan

I’m really tempted with one of these. Keep the feedback coming please.

honourablegeorge

I’d be tempted myself, but then I realise that I’d need a new fork, headset, frame, seatpost, rims and spokes.

650b isn’t a cheap upgrade.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I’d be tempted myself, but then I realise that I’d need a new fork, headset, frame, seatpost, rims and spokes.

650b isn’t a cheap upgrade.

I think that might be the point of all the new standards.

NormalMan

^ very true but I’m thinking it’ll slot in very nicely between the 29er XC HT and 26er FS I already have.

Oh and this thread needs more pics! 😉

swisstony82
    Free Member

just ordered a rolling chassis from 18bikes as Cotic had sold out. Cannot wait to get my hands on it.
    Coming from a SC Heckler, I wanted something low maintenance but fun so this should fit the bill

swisstony82
    Free Member

MTB Rob your pic doesn’t seem to work

plyphon
    Free Member

Please forgive the non colour coded saddle. (if any like to photo shop to red that be great, :wink:)

Here you go:

TimCotic
    Free Member

Very nice! Medium frame weight anyone?

PS. Sorry about the forum name. I know I’m a bit of a fraud as I’m on a Spearfish at the moment, but I had 2 Souls and a Soda once – and I still a fan of the Cotic team! 😀

jonnyrockymountain

As promised here’s mine
    Built with 120mm reba’s , hope/crest wheels, XT,X0,X9 drive train, XT brakes (yes rear hose needs shortening) Easton Carbon bars with turbine 60mm stem, ti post, spesh purg front and ground control rear, coming in at 23.8 lbs in weight

jonnyrockymountain

Ps it’s going to get its first ride tomorrow!!!!!

darrenspink
    Free Member

So nice. Very tempted.

bigrich

green looks better than red!

Gordymac
    Free Member

Nice JRM

What size is that? I missed out this time round, I have to wait for the next batch to arrive.
    8ish weeks at the moment, hopefully it’s on time 🙄

jonnyrockymountain

It’s a small 16″, i’am 5’8.5, and it’s absolutely spot on!

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

LOL very good plyphon! Not bad at all, I do like! shame green isn’t the company colour 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Cotic soul 275’ is closed to new replies.