Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • cotic soul 26" v's 27.5" do you actually notice any difference?
  • racefaceec90

(dons flame proof coat) anyone ridden both? can you actually tell the difference between them?

i do love soul bikes,and am thinking of saving for a frame (to upgrade my duster).

i do love 26″ and see no reason to change.

Shackleton

yes, no and

If your frame/forks/wheels are broken then maybe change, otherwise carry on. If you really must have one then write 650b on your sidewalls with tipex and save some money. No one will ever know.

svalgis
    Free Member

As long as you make sure to never test a 27,5″ bike you won’t be able to tell the difference and therefor won’t have a reason to change. Sorted.

You can send me a check for 50% of the money I just saved you, ta.

bikeneil
    Free Member

If you want to notice a difference then just buy a Solaris :mrgreen:

Ben_H

My thinking is that Cy only offered a “27.5” version of the Soul because, to some degree, he was going to lose business if he didn’t.

I’d guess the first-time Cotic customer is typically transferring parts across from an OEM build. Like it or not, a growing part of that marketing is / is going to be riding the new-size wheels.

I’ve been thoroughly confused about what to do when I need to replace my 26er Soul frame and other wheel-size-specific components. There’s a reason I’m a Cotic customer (internet buyer): I don’t have enough time to do loads of test rides!

But, over time, I’m becoming more confident that there’s plenty of life left in the 26er format. I might even get a brand new Soul 26 frame. 🙂

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

I have ridden both, Small differences but but in a good way, I do think they roll a little bit better over small to med size roots/rough trail, corners with maybe a little more grip, it’s still a very fun bike to ride.
    I would not rush out to get one just because it a 27.5″ (and even more so to replace a 26″ soul that I have been riding) BUT if I had 27.5 bike and I am up grading the frame it be a BIG FAT YES to get.
    the only reason I gone to a Soul 27.5 is for more FTR Biz sense for people to demo.
    I also think it LOADS better than the few 29″ bikes I have ridden.

RaceF, I see you are VERY VERY local, check out my website and drop me a email and happy to meet up fro a ride and you can find out for yourself.(if you can fit on a large 8)) (oh and I got the 26″ soul up for sale…..)

jonnyrockymountain

Never rode a 26″ wheeled one but loving my 650b soul

dannyh
    Free Member

Now for some proper navel naval gazing…………

racefaceec90

cheers everyone for the replies.

MTB Rob you are local to me 😀 am afraid i didn’t know about your shop until now 😳 sounds like i’ll have to pay a visit sometime.

thanks for the offer of a ride but would be too large for me i’m afraid (am 5ft 5″).

would like to meet up for a ride sometime though,but very unfit/slow i’m afraid.

will send you an e-mail also in case you didn’t read this 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘cotic soul 26" v's 27.5" do you actually notice any difference?’ is closed to new replies.