Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cotic Solaris V2
  • letmetalktomark

Okay before anyone picks up on it I didn’t really get on with my original Solaris (XL, 100mm Rebas) as I was hoping for a 29er Soul and I thought the Solaris didn’t have the spring I was after. I ended up with a Pipedream Skookum which I really like.

My attention, as fickle as I am, has been grabbed by a yellow Large V2 Solaris.

I am always on the cusp of L/XL as I need the TT length but not always the ST length.

The V2, I understand, is longer in the TT so I could drop down a size.

So, thoughts and pics on the V2.

I’d look to run it as a 100mm XC racey type bike.

Bregante

I’ve had a Mk1 and now have a Mk2 although I went back to a full sus 29er in between. I can’t say I’ve noticed a huge difference between the two size wise and the ride quality is much the same too (a good thing in my opinion). It may be in my head but I think the Mk2 climbs better despite being on 120 forks compared to 100 mm on the Mk1.

Mk1

Mk2

metalheart
    Free Member

The Mk II was ‘optimised for inline’ which makes the TT longer (than the Mk I).

I’m coming at things from the opposite direction, I’ve a medium that I’ve come to the conclusion is that’s it’s too short (I went for a large Sherpa). The issue I have is that to get a long enough reach I have to push the saddle back (offset pin) and this makes the front really light when climbing. Sometimes it feels like I’m manualling up a climb.

Something to consider. If you don’t go up much steep stuff might not be an issue.

Plus, I’m not a fan of the yellow…. 😆

Waiting to see if they change the colour(s) of the next batch…. 🙄

rossburton
    Free Member

NOT A FAN OF THE YELLOW?!

metalheart
    Free Member

NOT A FAN OF THE YELLOW?!

I know, shocking isn’t it.

It’s actually one of the reasons I got the Stanton 😳

That, and clearance for 3″ tyres and the slacker HA….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Solaris V2’ is closed to new replies.