Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cotic Solaris v Cotic Soul
  • catvet
    Free Member

Anyone out there got both of these and can give a resume of them as back to back rides?
    Solaris build up weights please

Thanks

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I did have both, much preferred the Solaris.

letmetalktomark

I had a Soul and now have a Solaris.

I prefer the Solaris but that’s primarily down to fit.

Will dig out some pics if interested.

My XL Solaris in burly build is 29lbs.

Frankers
    Free Member

I had a Soul for 3-4yrs sold that and have been riding a Solaris since June last year. As above prefer the Solaris

I’m fairy tall ride a large and am more of a wheels on the ground rider, I do get some air on it sometimes though and it feels great

CFYB
    Free Member

Not had a soul but have a solaris so for a weight comparison mine’s built up with solaris (large frame size) with XT group set running 1×10, hope pro 2’s on arch ex and reba RLs 100mm forks, with Spesh ground control tyres builds up to 25.4lbs. Very lively bike not at all what i was lead to believe 29’er would be like.

rosscopeco
    Free Member

I’ve had both, if you consider the original Cotic Simple was the same as the original Soul. Ended up selling the Simple and staying with the Solaris. Mine is a medium with a Rohloff, dropper seat post and Ti brooks saddle and it still weights in at 28.44lbs inc Time pedals so I’m happy with that.

The Solaris definitely rides better in my opinion, especially on fast technical stuff. It’s very confidence inspiring in terms of….”don’t touch the brakes….don’t touch the brakes”. I had a FS 5 before and I’d say I’m arguably faster DH on the Solaris than on the 5….although there’s a bit more vision blur when you get to the bottom 😆

The only downfall of the Solaris, IMHO is that it’s a bit big and cumbersome when it comes to super slow techy stuff. I have however been reminded earlier today on here that its more than likely my skills as opposed to the bike / frame. I cannot disagree.

Frankers
    Free Member

The only downfall of the Solaris, IMHO is that it’s a bit big and cumbersome when it comes to super slow techy stuff. I have however been reminded earlier today on here that its more than likely my skills as opposed to the bike / frame. I cannot disagree.

Strange…. I was over the Chase last week and thought how much better the Solaris flows over ruts, roots, slow sections much better than it’s 26″ brother

cy

Back-to-back the Solaris is quicker over bumpier ground, but harder to move around and pop off things than the Soul. If you’re over 5ft 10in then you can make a Solaris work for you in technical terrain. If you’re shorter than that, the two bikes become really quite different with the Soul definitely easier and more fun to hop over things, manual and generally impose yourself on. The Solaris is very stable and planted, but you won’t be able to get it off the ground easily. More of a map crosser, if you see what I mean?

You’ll easily get the Solaris down to a good weight. My large with full XT and Arch EX wheels is only about 26lbs.

cy

We’ve got some demo days coming up in Calver. March 16th, April 27th, June 8th. We have a medium Soul and a medium and large Solaris to try. Come up and have a go? Email demo@cotic.co.uk if you’re interested.

clanton
    Free Member

I have a Soul and an original (26″) Simple, and have ridden the 29er Simple (which I understand is the same geometry as the Solaris) a number of times in different terrains. I really enjoyed riding the 29er Simple, and even rigid I can get over stuff I wouldn’t believe – but in line with what Cy says above I find the Soul is just more fun for me to ride. Ideally I would love to have one of each but if I had to choose, for me personally I would go for the Soul. BTW I am exactly 6ft.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Solaris v Cotic Soul’ is closed to new replies.