Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cotic Solaris Reach
  • mrski1

Does anyone know what the reach and wheelbase figure for a large Cotic Solaris is? I have searched everywhere but can’t find anything on it!

ceepers

I had the same question for a soul. I emailed Cotic and they sent the figures back. Sure they would do the same for you for the Solaris if you ask

jimw
    Free Member

I’ll check mine in the morning if no one comes up with a measurement in the meantime.
    Just to be clear, by reach you mean horizontal distance between a vertical line from bb centre to centre of the upper head tube?

mrski1

Thanks! Yes that’s the figure I am after, I want a full sus 29er that is a similar size to my L Solaris, but I’m not at home to measure my frame.

kelvin

If it’s full sus, with the same reach, and without steeper angles, it’ll probably have a longer wheelbase. And you probably want slacker angles on a full sus… so don’t try and aim for the same wheelbase… in fact, just ignore that figure… stick with reach etc.

toppers3933
    Free Member

From memory it’s circa 630mm.

kelvin

Hmm… Solaris product page could really do with reach and stack measurements on it. noted

toppers3933
    Free Member

It gives effective tt length. That’s measured from centre line of ht to centre line of seat post. 624mm

mrski1

Thanks Kelvin, I like fit of my Solaris, especially the space or reach I have along the top tube so I’m looking for a bike with similar TT and reach figures to the Solaris. I would be perfectly happy with a slacker head angle and a bit more travel too!

brant
    Free Member

If it’s full sus, with the same reach, and without steeper angles, it’ll probably have a longer wheelbase. And you probably want slacker angles on a full sus… so don’t try and aim for the same wheelbase… in fact, just ignore that figure… stick with reach etc.

Though reach lengthens as a hardtail sags under fork load, whereas it’s mostly constant on an FS model.

jimw
    Free Member

Just measured my Cotic.
    Wheelbase with 100mm rebas is 1130 mm
    Reach, after a number of slightly different measurements (!) is about 422-25mm
    Hope that helps

kelvin

Perhaps reach should always be measured when sagged then Brant. Unloaded geom on a hardtail is always a pretty hopeless guide to riding position, or anything really, for the reason you mention.

brant
    Free Member

Perhaps reach should always be measured when sagged then Brant. Unloaded geom on a hardtail is always a pretty hopeless guide to riding position, or anything really, for the reason you mention.

http://www.shedfire.com/2014/07/14/i-should-probably-do-some-diagrams-for-this-but-quickly/

ahwiles
    Free Member

how the heck are we supposed to measure ‘sagged’ reach?

brant
    Free Member

ahwiles – Member
    how the heck are we supposed to measure ‘sagged’ reach?
    POSTED 14 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Same way you measure reach. Except you sit on the bike and a friend helps you.

mrski1

Thanks for that, looks like a Large Codeine may be quite a good fit…….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Solaris Reach’ is closed to new replies.