• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by bol.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cotic Solaris or Ragley Bigwig???????????
  • camwba96
    Free Member

Which should I have? Will have the frame and build up with a 120mm fork.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Any more info for us to help? Toss a coin maybe? I’d go Solaris based on perceived quality and general loveliness.

camwba96
    Free Member

Thanks

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Having been disgusted by the poor quality of a piglet frame I once owned, I’d go for the Cotic.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I can’t comment on the Ragley as I’ve never owned one or seen a Bigwig in the flesh. I do own a Solaris though and it’s a very nicely finished, well mannered trail bike. Surprisingly good in fact.

Pay the extra money and buy a Cotic.

spectabilis
    Free Member

The Ragley finish is a lot better this year. Although have seen a few imperfections in paintwork.

I’m really liking the Piglet so would suggest giving the bigwig a go… Money saved on frame towards components.

bol

I love my Solaris. I haven’t tried it at 120, but it’s great at 100. Historically the quality of Cotic and Ragley frames have been dramatically different. My Mmmbop looked like it had been sprayed by a blind man with a rattle can.

The Solaris will be worth a lot more should you ever decide to sell it too.

camwba96
    Free Member

Thanks guys

mrmoofo

What’s he price difference?

I started off thinking that the cotic was very overpriced – now I am beginning to see it may just be good value …

jambalaya
    Free Member

A year or so ago I looked at BFe/Soul vs Piglet – went with BFe for a variety of reasons including quality. Perhaps the Ragley quality has improved but why take the risk (aside from price reasons) when Cotic have been consistently excellent ?

Northwind

Supposedly the Ragleys are being made in a different factory this year. Hope so, of my 3 taiwanese ragleys not one was made right, one of them was tolerable though.

But then again this wouldn’t be the first time they’ve said they’re moving production and everything will be fine.

camwba96
    Free Member

What does the Solaris ride like?

shinsplints

I’ve just got a bigwig & am v impressed
    Well built frame & paint finish very good
    If you wanted to see how it rides I’m on a large & midlands (west) based, you’d be welcome to give it a try.
    Was built with a 120mm fork but will soon be 140 🙂

camwba96
    Free Member

Thanks

bol

what does the Solaris ride like?

I’d say it rides like a Soul with big wheels. Really versatile, quick handling and comfortable. Happy pretty much anywhere within reason. I’d like to try it with a longer fork, but not because I’ve ever found it lacking at 100mm. For me, with an XL, I’d say it’s one of the few mountain bikes I’ve owned which really fit me perfectly too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Solaris or Ragley Bigwig???????????’ is closed to new replies.