Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Cotic Rocket sizing conundrums.
  • hafnz
    Free Member

I’m not sure if it’s ok to say this outloud, but I have a Large Rocket, in black, that I’ll be putting up for sale in the next couple of weeks (I just have to wait until my new frame gets here).
    I was thinking of posting it on Pinkbike, but I might aswell do a cleaner sale here if you’re interested. : )

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Judd to the forum!

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I knew my perseverance would bear fruit in some form!!

hafnz
    Free Member

“Judd to the forum!”
    Believe it or not, this was more or less what happened with me, with a mate telling me someone was interested in a Large Rocket : )

druidh
    Free Member

Cy recommended a large. You can either go with what the designer of the frame said or you can take the advice of some randoms on the internet, who happen to think they know better.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Well said Druidh
    😆

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

The fact remains that there is now a Large Rocket being proffered for sale, which according to the mighty lords of inches n angles is just what the OP was after!!

He’ll be gutted that he can’t do flat tables, can cans n tailwhips when he gets it though 😀

Alex

I’d go with what Cy recommends but if it helps..

With 31in legs, medium on any bike is always the right size for me but being nearly six foot, TT’s are normally too short. Rocket has a nice long TT, so here’s mine with post at pedalling height

Rocket in the rocks by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

And that’s me riding

Contador Beef Descent by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Wouldn’t want it any smaller. But defo not any bigger either. Guy I was on the demo with was about 6ft2 and he definitely needed the large.

06awjudd
    Free Member

Wow – what luck!! Unfortunately, I’d only be after the frame and wheels – could you split?

tang
    Free Member

Come on Ash sort it out! Its Christmas you have no bike. Granted its Biblical in the cotswolds, but its building time! Dont let James LW ride it, he trashed Lukes LW’s Hardtail yesterday and had to be rescued (mud and pro roadie power through the drivetrain, not good).

hafnz
    Free Member

Oh, sorry I wasn’t clear enough, I’m just looking to sell the frame (frame + tapered hope headset + kashima rp23 + hope seat collar + shimano bottom bracket). I’m transferring everything else to the new frame. : )

06awjudd
    Free Member

Around how much were you looking for it? I have a nasty feeling it will be out of range

prezet
    Free Member

5’11” here and ride a small BFe – mainly used for ragging in the woods, 4x and some light DH. Used to have a medium and just felt too big for that kind of riding. If I was going to do long trail rides every weekend I’d have stuck with the medium, but the small is capable of doing 4-5 hour long rides on without feeling too harsh.

willv

Can you tell us why you’re selling this already and what’s next?

hafnz
    Free Member

I’d be happy with £900. I’m selling it mainly because at 6ft I’m in between sizes on the Cotic and I can’t put away the thought that I should be on something slightly shorter. I’m using a 35mm stem on it at the moment.
    Also, with no spacers under the stem (it’s a preference thing) if I fall and the bars twist it, either the brake levers or the shifter is going to hit the top tube. And unfortunately it already has, on the day I got it built, still at home, the bars twisted and the shifter took some paint on the top tube (hence why I run a bit of protection there, now) (the price also reflects this). I discussed this with Cy recently and the conclusion was that I was a first to point out this, since none of the people who tested it use the bars as low as me, so it was a non-issue.
    This puts a bit of a second guessing feel on my confidence while trying to progress on my riding.

Other than that scratch on the top tube, the rear brake tube has eaten a bit of paint on the seat tube and that’s about it. Everything’s nice and dandy apart from that.

I’m getting a Commençal Meta AM. I love the Rocket, the way it rides and it’s tidy looks – in the later department, going to the the Meta will be a step back – but I started adding up some numbers and felt that if I got a new Medium Rocket (to solve the bar twisting thing) I’d still end spending a lot of money, so I might as well spend a bit more and get something else.

Here’s a few pictures of the top tube (I was using a 45 stem with 6º rise when I first got it built):

06awjudd
    Free Member

I’m not too worried about the small marks on the frame. The problem will be whether I can stretch the extra £100. I think I’ll have to let you know after Christmas (I know, shameful, but it’ll be my only form of income for the next month or so).

hafnz
    Free Member

That’s ok, I don’t have any one else interested in it yet.

Singletrack still doesn’t have a private message system, right?
    My e-mail is luis.hafnz [at] gmail [dot] com

hafnz
    Free Member

Being that the frame isn’t in the UK, this just turned out to be a no go for Judd, so the search continues : )

06awjudd
    Free Member

A shame I know – but I’m stoked to get an El Guapo – who wouldn’t want to ride the same bike as Ed Oxley!!!!

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Rocket sizing conundrums.’ is closed to new replies.