Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Cotic Rocket Paint Job
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

Thanks to winning a competition recently I have a free frame paint job to claim. Looking at my bikes the Sherpa is just to new so it would be wasted, but the Rocket has taken a bit of a battering over the years so I think it has earned the right. The other option would be my daughters On One Whippet but not sure how you go about painting carbon?

Anyhoo, thoughts on the Rocket? I am considering candy apple red with white bits but up for some inspiration.

ryderredman
    Free Member

Ask Cy what he might be thinking for the upcoming one?

johnj2000
    Free Member

Thanks ryderredman but I want to go for something original. Probably the only chance I will get to do this so might as well attempt to do something a little different. Saying that I have always liked the Cotic green so I may change my mind.

honourablegeorge

My default answer here is Candy Apple Red

johnj2000
    Free Member

I tend to agree George, maybe red/black not red/white

andyl
    Free Member

is it still under warranty?

Northwind

johnj2000 – Member

The other option would be my daughters On One Whippet but not sure how you go about painting carbon?

Coincidentally, neither are On One.

If the Rocket has white forks then british racing green with white logos and bits. MMmmmm

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Matt black ask another silly question. 🙄

ratherbeintobago

I have an ancient Raleigh hybrid that is a metallic bottle green – lovely colour; if I ever get a bike repainted, I’d go for something close to that.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I got the DH bike done in

Safety yellow, nice and subtle

simonside
    Free Member

^ ^ ^ Thats endoorellow

johnj2000
    Free Member

Matt black was another thought as it happens but I feel it needs something to break up the black. My Sherpa is green so as much as I like it as a colour I don’t want two the same. Matt black and candy apple red are the top two at the moment.

stevied
    Free Member

Candy red looks good but with black, not white:

Sulphur Yellow looks nice too:

swanny853

I do like the duck egg cotics but I’m not sure it would suit the rocket. If you have white forks i have thought a darkish gloss grey would go well with the white graphics. Not as dark as cotic gritstone though.

andeh

I always liked the purple which Orange use, has a sparkle.

johnj2000
    Free Member

White forks, I think white will work with red

colournoise

High gloss white, matt white decals. Full stormtrooper effect.

Leku
    Free Member

vincienup
    Free Member

Gulf colours are ace.

Know what you mean about the Cotic Green. I really like it on my X.

The semi matt blue powder on my Soul275 is awesome though.

Earlier point about frame warranty is worth considering. It’s a term on Cotic’s warranty that messing with the paint voids the warranty. But if you have a custom job to use, why not do something special rather than block colour?

nickdavies

Gulf colours definitely if you’re allowed 2 tone!
    Google the production privee Shan in gulf colours… 😳

Single tone with White bits would be powder blue or Apple green like orange use for me.

ctk
    Free Member

Maybe you could buy an old steel road F&F and have a full resto done. Lug lining etc

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’m not 100% sure I love the colours, but I’ve always liked the way the 2-tone on this one is done.

Fade, but with a nice retro-splatter around the seat-tube:

😀

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I was at the show and shine where that photo was taken and it was one of my favourites. Missed out on my vote to this though:

BigDummy
    Free Member

I was at the show and shine

Well jel. 🙂

M6TTF
    Free Member

If you’re going for a one off paint job, I’d get them to match the fork. Wouldn’t cost much more, if any

RustyMac

Any limitations on the paint job you have won?

If you have free reign then something similar to the field cycles paint jobs that have been coming out recently would be awesome. They are a massively creative bunch when it comes to paint
    http://www.fieldcycles.com/gallery

Another paint job that has really caught my eye recently is the Swarf cycles latest creation painted by fatcreations. Turquoise, black and white.
    http://www.fatcreations.com/mountain-bikes-2/#prettyPhoto

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Second NW’s British racing green shout. Would be lovely with white forks.

superfli
    Free Member

Privee do some great colour schemes. Along with the Gulf, there is the Dukes of Hazard orange+black:

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Reckon the could pull this off?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Race Blue

If I start a bike company though I’m going to do a line of bikes in 80’s motorsport colours- Lancia, Martini, Peugeot, BMW M Sport, that kind of thing.

chakaping
    Free Member

Candy red and white looks good to me.

johnj2000
    Free Member

As it happens rusty Mac it is fatcreations that I have won the comp with 🙂

chambord
    Free Member

As it happens rusty Mac it is fatcreations that I have won the comp with

Have a look at Swarf cycles on facebook or instagram, they get loads of stuff done with them and they all look fantastic.

gibbonarms
    Free Member

I nearly got my rocket done in the gulf colours as I also have a 917 privee which is a gorgeous bike.

My rocket is now at the paint shop and should be back this weekend, looking a bit different 😀

johnj2000 What colour did you go for?

johnj2000
    Free Member

Still deciding gibbonarms, I need to pay a visit to the shop and have a proper chat. What did you go for or is it a secret until it returns? Pic required here when you get it back.

Another reason I am hanging on is because I am still riding it regularly so getting the most out of the current paint.

JoeG
    Free Member

With its straight tubes, the Rocket is rather retro looking; at least compared to most of today’s hydroformed frames. So paint it like an early 90s retrobike. How about a fade, splatter, or evan a crackle like my 88 Karakoram. 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

Sploosh.

johnj2000
    Free Member

That is very special joe 🙂

gozarch
    Free Member

As it happens rusty Mac it is fatcreations that I have won the comp with

Lucky you! No suggestions on the colour, but Alistair did a great job of a respray of my friend’s aluminium Specialized. A beautiful pearl red finish with ‘motivational’ words on the top tube 🙂

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Here’s mine, candy purple and mid Graphite, so they sparkle like crazy in the sun:

Yes I know my deck needs re staining!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Rocket Paint Job’ is closed to new replies.