Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cotic rocket or orange alpine 6
  • mkeyg
    Free Member

Demoed both bikes really liked both and can’t decide! After some real world feed back from any owners out there. Thanks in advance

fathomer

Based on nothing but looks the Rocket wins hands down, in my opinion obviously!

rossburton
    Free Member

If you’ve demoed and like both then Cotic because they’re more awesome. (note: might be biased)

mkeyg
    Free Member

Haha yeah they are pretty incredible. So easy to jump! Your swaying me. How tall are you? What frame size and stem please?

chiefgrooveguru

The Orange is longer, lower and slacker with much more linear suspension (and more travel) so I’d have thought you’d need to be riding gnarly trails all the time to enjoy it more than the Rocket. Did you demo them on your home trails?

kayak23

I’m totally biased as I have a Rocket but it really is a fantastic bike.
    I demoed one and had to have it.

Never ridden an Orange though. It wasn’t on my radar as I’m not keen on the look.

Love the Cotic.
    (5’7″ on a medium)

colournoise

Had an Alpine160 (I know the 6 is even longer and slacker), now got a Rocket.

Loved the Alpine – so easy to ride on steep, rough stuff. Pedalled OK with a decent shock setup.

Love the Rocket just as much – not as easy to go fast on, but a much more involving (IMO) bike to ride. It actually needs riding, rather than just sitting on (which is what the Alpine felt like at times), and for me that gives it the edge. Looks better too (although I did grow to like the Alpine’s industrial chic).

I don’t think you can go wrong with either bike, but if you want something a tiny bit more ‘all-round’ then I think the Rocket is the one. If you’re more gravity-oriented then it’s the Orange.

EDIT. 5’6″ on a small (16″).

armchairbiker

Which one can you put a bottle cage on? (ok, only joking!).

Must admit though I like the new Orange Stage bikes – but then the 29er Cotic Rockets look v nice!

andytherocketeer

Bias seems to be a bit one-sided.
    Easy solution… get an orange Rocket 😉

mkeyg
    Free Member

Demoed them both at whinlatter. Just spoke to keswick bikes about a custom rocket…..

ryu1720
    Free Member

Also demoed both and the rocket definitely felt a bit more of an all rounder ,my decision to have one might have also been slightly biased 😆[url=https://flic.kr/p/RTB56H]cotics[/url] by Ryan Kent, on Flickr
    5’7″ on a medium

colournoise

I forgot to post the obligatory Rocket shot.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/REShqr]2017 02 05 bike 10 03[/url] by Rob P, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/M7Srnk]2016 10 09 bike 01[/url] by Rob P, on Flickr

sharkattack

The Rocket looks amazing. The Orange looks like an awkward porker.

I’ve ridden neither.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cotic rocket or orange alpine 6’ is closed to new replies.