Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cotic Rocket 650b
  • catvet
    Free Member

For anyone that wants to try it, seems to work, saw one today and owner had Boss forks and 650 Stan’s crests with racing Ralph’s and had not buzzed the seat tube.
    He looked like a pretty usefull rider.

andytherocketeer

Interesting. How about a 2.3-2.4in nobbly tyre on a Flow (or similar) rim?

RR would not have been my first choice on that bike (would save it for the uber fast HT).

nodrog2
    Free Member

I’m sure Cy at Cotic tried this out of curiosity and the verdict was that the wheel would buzz the frame unless the shock stoke was changed. The other obvious question is why would you want to? The bike already handles amazingly well and a change of wheel size would surely upset the already sorted geometry.

catvet
    Free Member

Didn’t ask about other rims or tyres, the shock had not been modified as far as I am aware, just interested that it could be done. Lighter tread patterns seem to work on the bigger wheeled bikes it seems, dirt mag had Ardents on their hard hitting intense big travel 29er as I recall.

catschroedinger
    Free Member

Why not just wait for the real thing?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

So, the magical life giving 27.1ers can be used, but only with a wee skinny tyre, Or the old,defunct,going to kill you size can be used with a proper tyre.

hhmmm…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

What he just said

catvet
    Free Member

My view is without prejudice, I was just interested and posted that it could be done, whether or not it should is up to the owner! I was just fascinated that people want to experiment, who knows it may make the Rocket even better!
    Never ridden one in 26 form so wouldn’t know!

winch
    Free Member

Didn’t really noticed any tyre buzz and it handles like a go-kart after the upgrade

gaz552
    Free Member

Yeah, they tried it here: http://www.justridingalong.com/news/2012/05/650b-wheels-on-cotic-rocket/ and found it didn’t work. (on the back anyhow)

With the wait for more Rocket frames coming in, some of these new 650b bikes are tempting, though it’s not really the wheel size that makes them interesting tbh; Kona Process 153 and YT Industries Wicked 650b (value for money) etc.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Rocket 650b’ is closed to new replies.