Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Cotic Rocket!!!!
  • billybanzai
    Free Member

Cotic rocket the bike I wouldn’t mind building up, who’s riding these and what’s the feedback???

danielgroves
    Free Member

I’d love one of those frames as well… so expensive though.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Been on order for a looonnnnggggg time….. I’ll tell you when I get it!.

Alex

I may have a Medium for Sale. Email in profile if interested… They look a bit like this :

Cotic Rocket 2012 by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Rev was a bit flexy with a straight steerer. Replaced by an x-fusion Slant which has been brilliant. Last properly ridden in the Alps where it was superb. It’s a properly sorted ‘poppy’ bike that doesn’t ride like a 6 inch bike until you need it to.

It also proved to me that there are limits I’ll never get close to reaching. Hence considering it moving on.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I bloody cannot wait to get mine built! Come on cotic! Hurry the f up!.

I’m even going to commandeer the kitchen, sod building it in the shed…. There will be beer, chips and salsa too!.

Rik
    Free Member

How long?

mildred

I may have a Medium for Sale. Email in profile if interested….

I’ve emailed you.

Mark

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

How long?

Never you mind, just you concentrate on arguing about wheel sizes and BB heights. 😆

colournoise

I’ll let you know.

All the bits are in the dining room waiting for the next batch of frames to arrive.

billybanzai
    Free Member

I’m a short asse buddy so med will be to big and also like I say I wanna build it up from scratch it’ll be a good thang!! Lol defo my dream bike but I want fizzy orange!! Lol

mattbee

I love the look of that thing. There’s nothing wrong with my 5 Spot at all but the only 2 bikes. That give me the urge to change are the Rocket or the Transition Bandit, both as much on looks as anything else….

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’ve got one its ace… Mine was the Fox CTD shock frame and has been built up with hope hoops Fox 36 160s, saint 9 speed, dropper post.

Buy one.

br
    Free Member

Alex – that never-ending quest for the ‘perfect’ bike, goes on 🙂

How many is it now?

nodrog2
    Free Member

Buy one. They are a riot to ride. Most fun full sus I’ve owned.

nickc

It also proved to me that I’m a serial bike swapper and need my next fix there are limits I’ll never get close to reaching. Hence considering it moving on.

Fixed that for you etc etc 😀

fatgit
    Free Member

Mattbee-don’t mean to be smug or owt but I have a Rocket and a Bandit albeit the latter is a 29er
    Both fantastic bikes and have some cross over in the type of rides I take them on.
    Buy either and you won’t be disappointed. Didn’t ride the Rocket much when I bought the Bandit and even considered splitting and selling but then decided to take it to Spain in September so thought I would get used to it again. 4 rides on I remember why I thought it so good in the first place.
    It’s a large orange with Hope/Flow wheels, 970 XTR kit, reverb and Fox 32 DRCV 150 mm forks (in black as it happens and I think it looks nice).
    Considering some Fox 34 or new Pikes but not sure I really need them-that’s never stopped me before though Ha Ha
    Cheers
    Steve

_tom_
    Free Member

Would love a Rocket but can’t see myself being able to afford one any time soon! Seems like a perfect do everything uk bike.

wwaswas

I’m waiting for the Soulified Rocket, bit lighter, bit less travel.

I probably won’t be able to afford one but I live in hope.

iolo
    Free Member

I think they will always be a niche frame and maybe Cotic have overpriced what is essentially a good bike. That’s a shame really.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    I think they will always be a niche frame and maybe Cotic have overpriced what is essentially a good bike. That’s a shame really.

POSTED 10 MINUTES AGO #

Overpriced in comparison to which other frames?.

iolo
    Free Member

Soul. It’s perfect

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That makes sense. Compare it to a hardtail, well done you.

iolo
    Free Member

8)

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I really like the look of the Rocket, hope it comes out with bigger wheels at some point

mattjg
    Free Member

Am waiting for the 650b version to arrive.

(Lights touch paper and retires).

Actually, I am though.

billybanzai
    Free Member

How long has your wait been???

mattjg
    Free Member

A few months so far but I’m not expecting it to be over soon.

gaz552
    Free Member

I’m leaning towards a black rocket now rather than orange, as I want to get a new set of pike’s on there and the 150mm travel solo air is only available in black lower (tubes are black coated on all versions), and I just don’t see it going well with an orange (and white) frame.
    They have been on order for a long time though… :/

As for 650b, if they did make one would it still be able to retain the character that has made the 26″ rocket a hit with people..?

mr_stru

I have one. I love it.

And given the other bike I was considering was a Nicolai it was even cheap in comparison 🙂

Given the few tweets I’ve seen regarding 650B from Cy I think it’s safe to categorise a 650B version as on the back-burner.

mattjg
    Free Member

I think the black looks nicer Gaz. Orange is for Souls.

I’m only teasing re 650b, I’d likely buy one if there was but I have no expectation.

Would it be a hit ? … of course

colournoise

No more black Rockets. Next batch will be Orange and Green IIRC.

mattjg
    Free Member

no black? buy something else

andrewh
    Free Member

I rode one last year, a huge amount of fun and rides a lot lighter than it really is
    http://andrewhowett.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/classic-weekender.html?m=1
    Only thing stopping me getting is the fact that I can’t afford one 🙁

Alex

Mine has gone ‘home’. I think Olly will be riding it the way it was meant to be ridden 🙂

passtherizla
    Free Member

that was quick…

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Hoping to get one of these when they are available in 5-6 weeks, does anyone know about the shock choices?, will the new Float X be an option?

nwgiles

mattjg – Member
    Would it be a hit ? … of course

Hell no, but it would bring the trail alive

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Rocket!!!!’ is closed to new replies.