Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Cotic Rocket 29er
  • AlexSimon

Is anyone buying 29″ longish travel FS bikes ?

haven’t all the 29″ Spesh Enduros sold out?

ianpv
    Free Member

Is anyone buying 29″ longish travel FS bikes ? I’m not being cute, serious question.

Not sure, but they should at least try one for a while. I bought a stumpy (130mm rear) frame cheap from bike scene (they were £650 last time I looked, incredible bargain)as a bit of an experiment and it is a brilliant bike. Sold my patriot and my other 26er now, it just seems to do everything incredibly well for me. Had one last ride on the patriot to see if I’d miss it, and it was just horrendous in comparison, and that was a bike I’d loved and ridden thousands of miles all over the the UK and Europe since buying it in 2008. Maybe they won’t suit everyone but it is by far the best all-round mtb I’ve owned in 22 years of riding.

LT 29ers do seem to be going out of fashion though, and that’s the most important thing in mtb!

AlexSimon

Did anyone get a look at these at the Steve Peat DH?

Edit: I noticed they came 8th and 12th

Lummox

Watching with interest as if it’s anything like my solaris it’ll be immense

Mal-ec
    Free Member

That looks great. Agree about the white forks.
    Hope all this 27.5 industry push doesn’t kill off longer travel 29ers.

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Couple of pics from Steel City DH

Lummox

That looks rather tasty.

Paceman
    Free Member

Like that 😀

robbonzo
    Free Member

Looks ace.

cy

I think (and hope!) there’s still room for long travel 29ers. I bloody love that bike (it’s mine, but Chay nicked it cos it’s so fast) but we’re both 6ft 3in and fit it really well. I can’t see us packaging a 29er down to a small size, so there’s scope of other wheels to make things fit properly for different people.

I was riding my trusty 26″ prototype no1 on Saturday and loved every single second of riding it.

AlexSimon

I hope you weren’t annoyed by me posting the 29er. It wasn’t my intention to distract people from the 26″, but I guess many (myself included) are waiting to see what happens with the new production, before committing.

Actually, on that note Cy – I’ve been trying to get a demo of a Rocket 26″ (M), but struggling.
    Do you know of any around? Don’t mind travelling (I’m in the peaks).

Cheers!

robbonzo
    Free Member

Cy is it 150 or 160mm front and back? Would look great next to my Solaris.

cy

150 Rear (at the moment) 140-160 front, you’re choice.

Alex, we have a medium demo at Cotic. If you can get down to Calver on a Thursday afternoon you can take it for a spin for a bit. Drop us an email.

james_turk
    Free Member

How do you find those wheels Cy?
    Stiff enough for the job?

AlexSimon

Thanks Cy – email sent. Looking forward to it!

Yetiman
    Free Member

I think (and hope!) there’s still room for long travel 29ers. I bloody love that bike (it’s mine, but Chay nicked it cos it’s so fast) but we’re both 6ft 3in and fit it really well. I can’t see us packaging a 29er down to a small size, so there’s scope of other wheels to make things fit properly for different people.

I couldn’t agree more. I love my long travel 29er. 160mm forks, 145mm rear travel, low BB, handles great, and at 6ft 2” it feels more suited to me than any of my 26” wheeled bikes.

I would love a wee shottie on one, but unfortunately I’m up in Aberdeenshire so I doubt there will be any up this way unless I can persuade one of my mates to buy one.

cy

james_turk – The I9’s are stiff as old boots. Brilliant for 29ers. The rims are nice and wide too.

colournoise

Cy, stop yapping on here and go weld up some 26″ Rockets!

:-p

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

Hi,
    Good to see these out at last
    How long is the chainstay?

mickmcd
    Free Member

Hi mike, hows it going?

ayup jamie ,not bad chap not bad, you still working in the rat race or have you cut loose to the private more fun cnc in a shed sector of industry now??

porter_jamie

still working for ‘da man, but the shed sector is getting busier all the time – kinda flat out at the moment with some really good jobs! the haas is awesome, best thing we ever bought

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Rocket 29er’ is closed to new replies.