• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cotic Road Rat and THAT Brake…
  • Daffy

…seeing the one posted for sale in the classifieds just reminded me how much that backwards/wrongside brake weirds me out.

I’m amazed it was never altered as it certainly puts me off buying one. I’d have to change the fork IMMEDIATELY!

Anyone else think it’s odd, or just me?

honourablegeorge

I own one, and I have never, ever got to the point where it doesn’t bother me.

I don’t get to ride the bike at all at the moment as school commitments mean I can’t cycle to work, but even hanging unused in the shed, I’m constantly tempted to buy it a new fork. (or an Escapade frame in L)

gary

I had one, can’t say I spent much time staring at the brake while riding 🙂

I crashed and mashed the frame so if anyone wants a weird fork, just ask 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    debaser

Aye, it looks odd, but it works. It’s not exactly a pretty bike anyway so its never really bothered me on mine.

busta
    Free Member

I own one. I had the choice between ‘that’ fork and the newer thru-axle one when buying it. I like the fact people think it’s backwards, even though it makes no difference to performance, works better with mudguards and is safer if the skewer ever comes loose.

Bez

I’m amazed it was never altered as it certainly puts me off buying one. I’d have to change the fork IMMEDIATELY!

Er, it was altered. The later fork has the brake on the left leg and closed ends for a 9mm through-axle.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Road Rat and THAT Brake…’ is closed to new replies.