Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cotic plus ? Forks
  • traceyslade
    Free Member

Cotic Soul as my first hardtail seems good idea. . .but do I go Fox or Dt?

geetee1972
    Free Member

XFusion is the thinking woman’s choice. Made in the same factory as fox, with the same internals but none of the attention whore ‘service me every ride’ problems.

titusrider
    Free Member

Fox, 120mm travel and qr15

cinnamon_girl

Fox 120mm with thru-axle, worked for me.

As regards DT, well I had them on my mid-life crisis bike, never felt happy with them. Changed to Fox thru-axle and bike has been transformed.

I know lots of people moan about Fox, I’ve got them on 3 bikes and never had a problem. Worthwhile getting them serviced too.

Northwind

Did Rockshox go out of business or something? 😆 Are you buying new? Air U-turn Revelation is the perfect Soul fork IMO but you can’t get them new any more. Souls suit multi-travel forks, not because they need them but because they ride really nicely but differently at each setting. But TALAS and 2-step aren’t as good as u-turn for that.

cinnamon_girl

nicko74

Revs or Rebas, depending on how light/ burly you want them to be.

Done!

grievoustim
    Free Member

I have 120mm 15mm bolt through SIDS on mine now. Very happy with them

hambl90
    Free Member

Had fox 120mm 15mm qr on my mount vision , great fork .

marsdenman
    Free Member

Just to add to any confusion ….
    I have one friend who runs his Soul with air u-turn revs.
    I have another who runs his with fox terra-wotsits.
    Both are happy bunnies 🙂

Frankers
    Free Member

I have sold my Soul

Have Rockshox 120mm Team Maxle 20mm for sale

Scapegoat

Reba 120

davewalsh
    Free Member

I demo’ed a Soul with F120’s and hated them, didn’t like the feel and found them too twangy. I went for 120 travel Rebas with 15mm bolt through and have been very pleased with them so far, much better than the Foxes IMO.

endurogangster
    Free Member

My BFe with dt exm 150 forks is ace!

mintimperial

I have one friend who runs his Soul with air u-turn revs.
    I have another who runs his with fox terra-wotsits.
    Both are happy bunnies

Yeah, but we’re both weirdos. 😉

120mm would be pretty much perfect for most people on a Soul, I think. I do like being able to wind out to 140mm on my Talas for that little bit extra, and running at 110mm most of the time is ideal for me, but if I was choosing again I’d definitely think hard about going for 120mm for simplicity’s sake.

traceyslade
    Free Member

Wow. . .appreciate the replies. Plenty for me to think about. Hope to get out on a demo bike next w/e then. . .decision time!Spent some time in a new bike shop today and they suggested Manitou which I don’t know anything about.

rockymerlin
    Free Member

I have always been a fox lover.

I just bought these (at a bargain price).

Did a maiden voyage today 28 miles around Holme Valley and i’m really impressed so far.

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/36236/DT_Swiss_XMM_140_15mm_Remote_Forks_2010

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cotic plus ? Forks’ is closed to new replies.