Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cotic Owners
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

Do Cotic ever have promotions where you can get frames reduced? Saw that they had one back in March and wondered when the next one could be. I usually find very soon after I have paid full price for something a sale starts and I miss out on a deal.

Hoped to get a deal on a large Bfe but they have just sold the last one in red. Gutted. If they reduce the Soul a little that would be nice.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes got my BFe for £300 back in 2012, can’t recall full price but at the time Soul’s where £450-ish. They had a BFe 275 sale a few months back I think.

EDIT if you go back through the news archive you’ll see many offers, generally to clear stock before a new delivery or when spec is changing which makes sense.

Deals on Souls, rare as hens teeth 😐

chestrockwell

As above, expect stock clearance when a new model is due.

dukeduvet

Got an ex demo soul frame back in 2011 for £300! Just a bit of paint missing under chain stay. Sghtly reduced warranty but have been very happy with it

jekkyl

email them and ask, they’re very approachable.

metalheart
    Free Member

Cotic don’t really do ‘promotions’ as such, they only discount certain models or sizes when they have a specific reason. The reasons are usually overstock (frames not shifting as expected) and theses tend to coincide with with either launch of a new product (and they need cash flow) or updated frame (and they want the old style all gone before the new one arrives). Sometimes the odd colour or size sits longer than they like and they want them moved on. Iirc the last few sodas were ‘auctioned’ off when they were discontinued. Other than that, I’d not be holding my breath.

Cotic understand the value of their brand (and their customers), they don’t do new ‘models’ every year so there is no need to discount end of year. Once you start down that road some people will simple not buy until they’re discounted and the size of Cotic I doubt that’s a road they’d want to go down.

I waited patiently for the BRG Soul to be reduced (having been told they weren’t shifting) but some bastards started buying them and that was that…. no discounted BRG…

As said previously they have occasional ‘yard sales’ where frames with cosmetic blemishes (and ex demos) get flogged off.

With the new BFe models I’d doubt they’d be doing a promo soon (esp as their last one on the BFe was May).

Soul reductions are usually only end of model…

Secondhand probably a better route.

leythervegas
    Free Member

Yes will definitely consider second hand. Actually like the fact they dont bring out a new frame every year for the sake of it.

They currently only have the grey in large in stock so going to wait and see when they are next available in a decent colour. No indication when that will be though. Getting slightly tempted by a 45650b due to stupidly low price.

jmatlock
    Free Member

I am building the grey one up right now. It’s an amazing colour in the flesh. Not to all tastes but I wanted something a bit subtle.

leythervegas
    Free Member

Love the grey too, the pictures on the website don’t do it justice maybe though. Any chance of some pictures of your build jmatlock?

jmatlock
    Free Member

I will stick some up Thursday when it’s finished.

It’s a large BFE is grey
    XFusion sweeps adjusted to 140mm (until Ohlins release a 650b fork)
    Hope tech Enduro wheels
    Renthal bars/stem/grips
    Fox transfer post
    M8000 cranks
    M7000 SLX groupset
    M675 brakes 203/180 rotors

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Owners’ is closed to new replies.