Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cotic BFE with dropper seatpost
  • Roblilly
    Free Member

Hi all. Thinking about running a BFE with a dropper (as the tread title suggests!) I’m sure this has been done to death but it seems the mags are only running them on full sus frames but I can see the benefit to getting the saddle out of the way.

Are many people running them on hardtails and what is the opinion.

Cheers

snakebite
    Free Member

Have a reverb on my Sovereign, was going to put it on the Remedy, but using it more than I thought to be honest and the Sov is my main bike. Both frames are 31.6 though and the hose clips onto the brake hose so its a 5 min job swapping the post between bikes.

Roblilly
    Free Member

Are you using the Sov more because of the dropper or did you ride it more anyway??

chiefgrooveguru

Isn’t it just that the mags ride more FS bikes and many of them (like all bar XC race, DJ, DH and freeride bikes) benefit from a dropper post? I’ve just put a Gravity Dropper on my Boardman HT as for the last nine months I’ve been repeatedly raising and lowering my saddle on rides. When funds allow & skillz demand, everything will be swapping onto a Soul (I’m not rad enough to justify a BFe sadly).

mrblobby
    Free Member

Run one on my mmmbop and it’s great. HT or FS makes no difference I reckon, more about what terrain you are riding.

Roblilly
    Free Member

I thought it was that you tend to see them more on FS. It almost seems to make more sense to me on an HT as you are more likely to get bucked from the seat than you are on Fs.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

MTBers were dropping their saddles for the downs long before ANY suspension came along. Go for it 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

Got one on my blue pig but not on my full sus

flyingmonkeycorps

One of my riding buddies runs one on a BFe (and indeed all his bikes) and loves it.

I don’t have one ‘cos I can’t really afford it, but it I could I would!

Roblilly
    Free Member

Lots of helpful answers, thanks all!

mrcamel
    Free Member

Is the BFe a 27.2 post? Thinking of one for my 456, but options more limited…

Roblilly
    Free Member

mrcamel, the BFE is 31.6 so I’m looking at a Reverb.

snakebite
    Free Member

Personally, I’m finding the term ‘woods height’is spot on. Just dropping your post30-40mm makes a real difference when razzing through the forest 😀 as there is’nt that much ‘steep steep’ stuff on our regular rides/routes.

Roblilly
    Free Member

Right, thats settled then, on payday I will place my order!

Cheers all!

Northwind

Every bit as useful on a hardtail as full suss, it’s doing the same job after all.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I want one for my BFe too. Waiting for some longer term reports on the Reverb before I take the plunge.

wheelz
    Free Member

I run a joplin on my BFe. Seems to work just as well as on the full suspension bike (although I have taken it off for the winter as it’s not a big fan of gloopy mud).

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cotic BFE with dropper seatpost’ is closed to new replies.