Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cotic BFe sizing?
  • Garry_Lager

Looking at getting a BFe frame – they’re on sale atm for £300. What’s the feeling on how they size up? I’m 6′ and ride CDale bikes in large – I think CDales size up pretty short in the top tube though. They all have that notch in the TT as well, not ridden a straight top tubed bike for a while.

I’d also be sticking a set of U-turn lyrics on it with the intention of riding up hill and down dale – sound like a good idea?

I know nothing about this type of bike really – I’ve not ridden a steel frame since I was a kid – all been CDale alu HTs and FSs. Be good to try something different.

Wookster

Hi mate I’m 6’2 and a bit! And ride a large with 150mm u turn revs, and a 90mm stem, for proper xc I’d go a bit longer but the 90 for me gives a good mix of chuck-able trail bike and room to breathe. I LOVE this bike as in my beloved five has sat unused for the four months+ I have had this bike Inc trail centres and local loops for £300 its a steal! I got the black and it looks really smart! Service from the cotic guys was great too! I would buy one again in a shot!

Its an education riding it however as in I had gotten lazy with my FS bikes so my third ride in it all made sence as a package…. Buy it fella!!!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

6’2″ and I have a 17.5inch version with a 60mm stem. Its not ideal for huge xc miles but I also use it for dh and dirt jumps. Unless your only riding xc (bit of a waste if you are) then go for the 17.5.

Lyriks sound a bit overkill aswell, I have pikes on mine and have them set at 95mm which makes it handle like a beast.

robidoo
    Free Member

There is a full bike for sale over on SDH and at a good price too.

mboy
    Free Member

At 6ft, I’d buy the 17.5 for sure.

I’m a couple of inches shorter, I have a 16″ with a short stem on it. It’s sharp handling to say the least. I could easily ride a 17.5, but I wanted something that was easy to throw about…

But that said, even at my height the 16 does feel quite small, I wouldn’t want to ride any smaller really.

geetee1972
    Free Member

If it’s the BFe your going for then definitely the medium – if it were the Soul, then you’d be either medium or large.

Garry_Lager

Cheers all – med sounds best and has been ordered.

crocodilian
    Free Member

It’s an excellent bike you won’t be disappointed. I’m 6’3 with a 17.5. Perfect as an all day bike with the Lyriks that I have, turned down a bit or open them up, stick the seat down for some downhilling type stuff! Great fun!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cotic BFe sizing?’ is closed to new replies.