Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cotic BFe, not so beefy?
  • LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

My Mrs. has ‘somehow’ dented her seat stay on her BFe. Only noticed the other day. It looks like someone has taken an axe to it.

She’s not crashed it, she’s only just starting out so not going fast, only the odd ‘off’ nothing that would cause that much damage.

I’ve crashed many bikes and never done this kind of damage.

Is it a write-off? If she continues to ride it, will she die?

domcapper
    Free Member

Pictures?

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Thought you might say that…

I’ll takes some snaps tonight… of the bike, not the Mrs.

prawny

Oh go on, don’t be a spoilsport

cookeaa

Seat stay you say?
    Is there a chance she’s lent it/dropped it against something rather solid and/or leaned on it?

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Did you not get the last 2Gb I sent prawny?

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

cookeaa – it doesn’t look like a ‘leant-on’ it’s a proper smash on a sharp object. Like I say, it looks like someone with an axe has taken to it.

The stay’s not bent, just dented. It’s not on the outside either, it’s almost on the inside, I would have thought the spokes would have taken some of the brunt too.

She swears blind she doesn’t know what happened to it. And I really don’t think it’s a ‘f-ing bike rage-drop’ either.

I’ll get some shots tonight.

letmetalktomark

Rock strike spat out from the wheel somehow?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@lordy – did you get permission to post a thread about how your wife’s bike has been deformed, just by her sitting on it ? 😉

Only kidding of course

No issues with mine and it’s been crashed quite bit ! Strange place for such damage. Sounds like a manufacturing fault but that would be the first such issue I’ve heard of. Damaged by getting crushed in car / boot slammed into it ?

DezB
    Free Member

Have you noticed any suspicious blokes around with beards?

ThePinkster

Has she got a branch jammed between the wheel & stay at any time.

Took my BFe out for it’s first ride on Saturday and TBH I’m amazed how anyone can damage one – I’m a right biffer and no matter how often I fell off this weekend I’ve not even scratched it yet 😀

wonnyj
    Free Member

Bike rack or roof rack damage? Uplift damage?

kcal

Over time, I ran too big tyres for my Stumpjumper M2. The excess knobbles wore away the inside of the stays – but that was the chain stays. It was also very obviously on one side, if the wheel was not tight in the dropouts – it would shift sideways. Still going strong mind (once I resorted to 2.1s or less)

It’s not that is it? Bent / creased from outside inwards?

colournoise

Must have been something jammed against the stay with some force. My BFe has had two years of abuse from my heavy handed riding and the worst I’ve done is the 1cm chainstay dent below caused by a bigass Peaks rock being thrown up by my back wheel.

chrisridesbikes
    Free Member

I had a very similar axe looking wound appear on the top tube of my pub bike a few years ago.. no idea where it came from but I’m still alive..

teethgrinder

So. OP’s wife’s axe wound…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cotic BFe, not so beefy?’ is closed to new replies.