• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by linnk.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cotic Bfe 275
  • sundaytrucker
    Free Member

During one of my many visits to lust after a Solaris/Soul/Bfe I noticed Cotic have snuck a 275 Bfe on to their site for preorder. I know there are quite a few fans of Cotic on here so thought I would share the news as I couldn’t see it mentioned.

Cotic Bfe 275

Available in matte green and blue in April

I would quite like a Black Grape Bfe, not that my riding requires such a solid frame, I just like the colour.

sharkattack

I would quite like a Black Grape Bfe, not that my riding requires such a solid frame, I just like the colour.

Get one they’re lovely.

(not the best picture)

mindmap3
    Free Member

So much for 26 ain’t dead hey?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

that trail sure has come alive.

ukbikerider
    Free Member

mindmap3 – Member

Cotic aren’t setting the wheel size trends, they follow the market.

Just because they are updating their range doesn’t me 26″ wheels are redundant.

timmys

The Soul and BFe have always had exactly the same geometry I think? Looks like that’s changed now, with the 275 BFe being slacker than the 275 Soul.

jaymoid

mindmap3 – Member

The 26″ bfe is still for sale, as is the soul.

I imagine they will be dead if people stop buying them though.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Never.

jambalaya
    Free Member

My Bfe 26 is doing just fine although I suspect new buyers may be more focused on 275 so Cotic are doing the sensible thing

whitestone
    Free Member

Well my wife’s just getting a 26″ Soul – better fit for her than the 27.5. If Cotic can’t make the 27.5 geometry work for smaller folk then they’ll keep selling the 26″ frames. Look at the frame sizing on their website: XS, S, M for 26″ frames; S, M, L for 27.5″ frames and M, L XL for 29ers

There’ll also be a long tail of people buying a 26″ frame and transferring parts over from older bikes.

mrmoofo

Or you could just stick 27.5 wheels in the std BFe … with a 27.5 fork. That will make it slacker ….

chiefgrooveguru

Looks great! I was going to email Cy a while back suggesting they slackened the head angle and increased the BB drop vs the Soul for a 27.5 BFe (because 4X and DJ will still run 26 and they’re the only ones who want to run a sub 120mm fork on a BFe) and then thought he’d certainly have already thought of that. My suspicions were correct!

Northwind

mindmap3 – Member

So much for 26 ain’t dead hey? [/quote}

What part of “26 ain’t dead” means they can’t make any other wheelsizes?

linnk
    Free Member

@Sundaytrucker : I’ll be soon selling my Black Grape Bfe size L (frame) 😉

bigshep
    Free Member

and M, L XL for 29ers

Cotic haven’t sold the XL for a couple of years now, I should know as I’m riding a large with about a foot of seat post showing 😳

deviant
    Free Member

Always found it odd that the BFe didnt have slacker angles, its supposed to be the more lairy bike etc…might be on the list now when it comes time to replace my Ragley.

sundaytrucker
    Free Member

linnk – Member

@Sundaytrucker
    : I’ll be soon selling my Black Grape Bfe size L (frame)

my size too, let me know when it is available, email in profile, and I may be interested depending on my employment status.

linnk
    Free Member

email sent 😉

linnk
    Free Member
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Bfe 275’ is closed to new replies.