• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by aP.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cost/time to drive to Alp D’Huez
  • monsta
    Free Member

As subject says, if you’ve done the drive from Calais to Alp D’Huez, how long did it take and about how much did it cost in tolls and petrol?

Cheers,

M.

aP
    Free Member
    peteimpreza

Well I have done this trip 4 times and kept no records!

However, if you go to the Via Michelin site there is a journey calculator that will estimate time, fuel costs and toll costs.

I only ever did the trip over two days but I am sure it is do able in a long day. You will be knackered by the end if you do though. Also remember that apart from the first booths in Calais all the ticket collection and payment booths will be on the wrong side of the car if you are on your own.

simon_g

Looks about as far off the autoroute as Tignes and the like, which we drove for snowboarding this year.

Cost about 60 euros in tolls and about £75 in diesel, each way (4-up and with roofbox at 80-90 all the way we were getting about 39mpg). For fuel cost you’ll have to get a sensible figure from your own consumption though.

Got from Calais down to there in about 8 1/2 hours, shared the driving though and didn’t really stop except for fuel, food or toilet stops. The autoroutes are nicely maintained and pretty quiet, so you can make very good progress.

Try to do it in daylight if you can though – I found I got far more tired once night fell and you don’t have so much to look at, to a far greater extent than I do on UK motorways.

aP
    Free Member

For the full effect you ought to really go over the Col de le Croix de Fer at the end of a long, long day 😉

aP
    Free Member

gah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cost/time to drive to Alp D’Huez’ is closed to new replies.